Racecoated.com

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Guess I will start from the beginning.

August 24, 2007
shipped my valve cover to Florida from Pennsylvania.

September 11, 2007
Get a PM on Clubcivic saying that he was using a hand polisher, to try and remove some orange peal. However a slip caused the polisher to burn through the clear and powder coat. I was fine with the delay, it happens.

September 18, 2007
Get a new PM saying that the cover is done and pics will be up this evening.

Nothing

September 30, 2007
I get a PM to a response PM that I sent. Later that night I get pics, 12 days after I was originally told.

October 5, 2007
Valve cover arrives at my house.

So I should be happy about getting my valve cover back right??? I wish I was, after I got it out I notice some issues. First a few dimples, then a lot of fine scratches, then orange peal in the front, after that I find pink spots. Those pink spots are what bother me the most, followed by dimples. I know I can probably work out the scratches and orange peal with some patience, wet sanding, and some polishing compound. I just figured for $85 my valve cover would turn out a little better. $100 total if you include my shipping to FL. I could have paid CivicEX13 to paint it because he does good work. Overall I like the color but unsatisfied with outcome, will be looking else where for future powder coating work.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Pink spots on a purple cover is the worst part. Might be from the coating not baking right, Im no pro at it but thats my guess. I will try to get some close up pics soon.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
thats sucks, any partial refunds?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
It was powdercoated, I havent heard anything about a refund. It was clear coated too, so Im sure we can work with it. I just dont know how much clear is on it.

Tried to take pic, will try in the sun. Too much metallic to use a flash, and I really dont feel like dealin with gettin a light out and all that.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
They orange peeled a powdercoat. Weird! I figured maybe they just painted it and rushed it or did too thick of coats. Powercoating pretty simple to get smooth. Or atleast from what I've seen and the powdercoating I've had done.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Maybe. The powdercoating pretty much smooths out when it bakes. Maybe they just sprayed on a quick clearcoat that has dimples.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Who knows? I mean what could be the options? Maybe contamination or over heating or something. I'm not sure

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Doesn't look like it is really orange peeled. Just a few dimples here and there in the clearcoat right. Or are the pictures just lying?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Peel is everywhere but the top. Top had sanding marks, he removed the peel there.

It looks not so good in person. Jay Jay will back me up on that.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Hmmmm.....I guess we'll see how much they stand behind their work and how good their customer service is soon then