raced a v6 accord and a mazda speed on 15psi

smallblock

i raced this guy that thinks he can out drive me, so i said whats up with $250 on the line, he did'nt race his car, so he raced me in a v-6 accord, and we did it from a roll, i was in 2nd ( 91 integra rs, stainless steel rings coated rod bearings, balanced bottom end, 2.5 exhuast), and he told me to go 1st, im like u go, and for some reason he thought he was gonna murder me, so i went 1st and thats all she wrote, cuz i was gone, in which my head gaskets was gone, blowin oil out from the head, i did'nt give a fuqq, and the guy in the mazda speed, pushin 15psi from the stock 6 or 7psi, he past me, but it took him over a 1/4mile to pass me, even tho he was like 4 cars behind when we started, i got to about 115mph, then he pass me, so i droped behind him and started to draft, and gained on him big time, which oil pressure is going crazy, and i almost hit him, he slammed on brakes cuz we was comin on a car really fast, we got up to about 130 something, we stopped at a parkin lot, and he's braggin about passin me, and im like dude i got a stock motor, no headers or intake, stock, but for 2.5 straight pipe, and the rings and bearings, and the balancing, helps in the rpm and quicker engine accleration, plus it have alot of response, but anyway, he comes up to me and ask, when does ur vtec comes in, i smile and says as soon as i start my car, and he says u got it that low, i said no, i dont have a vtec motor at all, its pretty much a stock B18a, thats been balaanced thats all, and plus my tool boxes and jack, and work equipment, that wont a bad race, and my head gasket is blown, which everyone is lookin at the streak of oil down the side of my car, cuz i was racin iwht the hood off and he looks at me and just walks off

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
mazdaspeed protege? they do 6.5 0-60. same as an rsx-s. add 8 psi on top of the stock 7 and you lose. SORRY! unless that guy is an idiot, doesn't know how to drive a standard and has nothing to tune with

smallblock

i know but my car did 5.7s 0-60, but thats bc of launchin the car hard, it did like 2 flat 60ft,s and ran the 1/8mile like 9.1's, and the guy in the mazda speed did 8.9's, and u know what makes it so bad my head gasket was swiss cheese too, i cant say he cant drive cuz he used to be a pro motorcross rider and been racin longer than i have, but my drivin is flawless, not to be soundin cocky, but my car was striped weighed 2604lbs with me in it, but i had 3 tool boxes in my car, and alot of other shit, prolly another 200lbs in the back, maybe less or more, but i was doimng my thang and it took him a lil bit to pass me

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So in the end your motors fucked, that sucks.

smallblock

naw i just had to change the head gasket, plus now i got a b20b, and its in my new integra now, i just need another computer box cuz for some reason its not workin, i look at it like this, dont matter what kinda car u got if u win or lose, as long as u love what ur doing its all fun, i lost to a more powerful car, hell last year i only lost 3 times, and thats to a corvette and a dual stage nitrous delsol, and he beat me by, .016 of a secs. and it dont really matter if he push more psi, he'll gain some power but it aint like he gained 250hp, it was stock, just a boost controller, and for some reason he put a muffler from a dirt bike on it, dont ask, its his car, and his car runs 8.9's int he 1/8 mile and i run 9.2' - 9.1's but i did'nt have alot of mph , i only did like 75-76mph in the 1/8 mile and 62 @ the 330 mark or half track in the 1/8

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So your computer box(guess your talking about your ecu) isn't working. Wow I'm suprised your cars running without that. Oh and thats crazy that you lost to a corvette, what year?

smallblock

no my car aint runnin at all right now, its prolly a wire or a fuse, and in the 1/8 mile a corvette beat me by 2 cars, but he could'nt drive worth shit, if a good driver was in it, woulda ate me alive

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
dc2GS-R said:
mazdaspeed protege? they do 6.5 0-60. same as an rsx-s. add 8 psi on top of the stock 7 and you lose. SORRY! unless that guy is an idiot, doesn't know how to drive a standard and has nothing to tune with
Those cars are a hasle to make power because the engine is the same as any protege motor meaning they werent meant for boost, that why mazda designed the computer to reject anything you try to modify short of a refrash so you dont blow up the motor, 15 psi on a stock block BULLSHIT, I raced a stock one only mods were a FMIC and a Catless 3 inch exhaust and this was before my CTR cams and exhaust yes he pulled me but after third gear he slowly started pulling,

smallblock

this guy cars really pushin 15psi, he norammly goes 12 psi, but i rode in the car and it tapped 15psi a few times, doing like 125mph with 4 ppl in the car, dont matter if u belive me or not, thats what i saw, hell i could give u his number and u can call and ask, hahahahhaha, thats like sayin a 500ci bigblock cant spin to 10,000rpm and dont belive it till u see it, but oh well, what u belive aint what can be done anything can be done, i spin a stock b18a to 8,500rpm, but no one beilived it till they saw it, and yes i did go through the block but it had all stock parts, just very welled balanced, but belive what u want or think what u wanna think

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
why did i get quoted? i doubt it too just like you did. if a stock one w/ just exhaust a fmic beats you then a modded one will def. beat him.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
dc2GS-R said:
why did i get quoted? i doubt it too just like you did. if a stock one w/ just exhaust a fmic beats you then a modded one will def. beat him.
Just adding to what you said, plus I like you :D

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
oh, ok! i just thought you were doubting my point but it sounded like you agreed. I understand now :hithead:

smallblock

his car stock, hell naw it wont beat my car, if i had a better head gasket i we prolly woulda been tip for tap, my car has been 8.6's 1/8 mile on radials, it goes straight instead of sideways, like i said he runs 8.9's on 18psi, the car really aint all that, but it looked good and was pretty quick, but it aint like it was a prostock drag car

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Dude your LS engine revs to 8500, great I'll rev a stock LS motor to 9000rpm over and over again until it breaks which will probablly be alot sooner than it would if I took care of it. And as for a mazdaspeed pushing 15lbs and running an 8.9 1/8th I DON'T believe it so whatever. Also one moment your running 9.1s then your running 8.6's because of a headgasket, WTF what kinda of gasket is that. Oh and now the Mazda is pushing 18lbs and still running 8.9's amazing. And your 1.8l kept up with it to 130+ mph. Thats funny cause I might believe that you ran with it for a moment off the line (if I was feeling gullable) but to run with a turbocharged 2.0 pushing whatever boost at 130+mph is rediculous. :bs: