Raceland Coilovers for Dc2

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
Raceland are very good I had them on my DB7 it rode very well... Well worth the price

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

slowtec

Internet Tough Guy
This post got me wondering, so I looked around. They are not uncommon with the UK imports at all. Seems like dozens of the VW guys have run them for years trouble free. I have seen a couple of failures shown on a Subaru forum, but even that post listed positive review after positive review even after, several having more than 30,000 miles on them trouble free. Most people seemed like they were pleased with the product. Everyone said they rode comfortably for daily driving while also giving a good drop, some said they tracked them occasionally (less than a handful of times in a couple of years) and they performed fine. Just do a google search for 'Raceland Coilover Reviews' there are dozens of these exact conversations going for dozens of different makes and models.

Dunno what to tell you, if it's what you're looking for, why not? If you blow a shock in 8 months, 12 months, 16 months, they'll send you a replacement. If they fail after 2 years, well, that's 2 years to put a little money away for a Koni/GC or the Progressives. Doesn't seem too horrible to me.

What horrifies me is the guys that see everyone touting the $700+ setups and decide to cut their springs while they save up because they need to 'get low.' I've seen it a dozen times in the last couple of years and none of them have understood how dangerous it is. There needs to be more encouragement for even the lower end equipment. Not optimal is not the same as unsafe.

2oo1Dc2

So instead of posting a new thread i decided to actually use the "Search" bar. Does anyone know how these perform in Autocross? It'll be for a 98 Ej6, but i just need feedback. I mean they're only $400.. so im a little skeptical. just need something better than oem. i don't need a $2000 setup for daiily driving and occasionally racing in autocross.

Edit: the spring rates on these http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/honda-coilover-kits/honda-civic-ek-coilovers.html are almost the exact same on Spoon coilovers for the Ek9

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
um no. dont do it. If you are serious about auto x, just get koni ground controls. Raceland is garbage, and only good for stance kids. In the miata community we call it "raceland low" because they have the most lowering ability. Raceland is garbage.

2oo1Dc2

lol that answers that. What about Koni orange struts and GC sleeves? is it as easy as that or do i need to buy something they don't mention?

2oo1Dc2

um no. dont do it. If you are serious about auto x, just get koni ground controls. Raceland is garbage, and only good for stance kids. In the miata community we call it "raceland low" because they have the most lowering ability. Raceland is garbage.

how would Koni STR Orange struts and Tein "high tech" spring do? im trying to just piece together a bunch of different setups.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
youre auto x ing. you need an agressive strut like a koni yellow. the orange is like a tockico blue and wont handle with auto x

This is of course assuming you are in like STR or STX or something, and you want to be competitive.

2oo1Dc2

youre auto x ing. you need an agressive strut like a koni yellow. the orange is like a tockico blue and wont handle with auto x

This is of course assuming you are in like STR or STX or something, and you want to be competitive.
I'm in SMF. koni yellows are just a little expensive right now. besides yellows, what else would be a decent stiff strut?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
just save for koni yellows. Especially if you are in SMF...you should reevaluate which class you are in. I feel you are underbuilt for smf because thats what class im in.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
how would F&F type ones be? i know a lot of people were buying them for that herrafresh look. i wonder how they actually perform?
I had some fun with the f&fs and was not impressed, they are meant for just being slammed daily. I would go koni/gc for autox.