racing seat help!

GrimLS

So I bought a nrg racing seat, and the oem seat rail dont fit, how do I install a homemade seat rail. also, I had to zip tie my front bumper because when the Acura was my brothers car, he crashed it into a tree xD we straightened out the bumper support and made everything aligned but somehow the bumper cover will NOT line up with the fenders or the hood(when it's closed).

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If the bumper isnt tweaked from the damage then you didnt align everything perfectly. Its can be hard to do without certain tools.

If the seats you bought were not designed to be used with stock rails then you will have to buy aftermarket ones. You wont be able to fabricate a home made seat rail for these unless you are a qualified or experienced fabricator.

GrimLS

Thanks, I bought the seat from Andy's auto, and it said it was for my teg. The front of my car is kinda fucked from the crash. And my dad is an auto mechanic and he thinks he can make a seat rail but id rather be safe buying an aftermarket seat rail.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
an auto mechanic does not = fabricator. I wouldnt let my dad do it and he can build a house. Actually with the appropriate tools to make things properly he totally could. haha But i dont know your dad so yeah.. stick with buying the rails. Find out what you need might be able to find some used ones. The types you need might not be expensive though.