radiator and condenser fan ???????'s

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
i just had a ?...i just got a slim fan from a buddy of mine and since i hooked it up my car tends to run hotter...it worked fine in his car and i asked him if he changed the polarity of it but he said it came with the car....when the radiator fan kicks on does it blow the air towards the motor or the front bumper...and i was curious about the condenser fan also....right now my radiator fan is blowing the air towards the motor and the condenser is blowing towards the bumper....i havent changed anything as far as the wiring on the car since i got it but ive ran into a ton of nightmares with some of the wiring with it already

thanx!!!!

mirrorimg

The fans sit on the inside of the bay between the motor and radiator. It pulls air in through the front bumper through the radiator and into the bay. The other fan should work the same way. Otherwise it would be counter intuitive while the car is in motion and air is spinning the fan backwards. It sounds like iyour setup is backwards, but I don't have any experience with the fans.

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard
:wstupid: The condenser fan is wired backwards. the larger one on the pass. side is the radiator fan. The smaller on on the driver side is the condenser fan. Make sure he didn't put the slimline one in the condenser fan spot and that it is wired properly. The blue wire is the one that should have +12V when active and the black one is ground

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
ya he had it wired backwards...both the 12+ and ground wires comming out of the fan were black. i figured there would at least be some combination of 2 colors? but thanx for the help guys

sick buid by the way acclude!!!!!!!! kudos ++++++