radiator and thermostat headache

DopenessFool

so i tried changing my radiator and thermostat today which ended up being an EPIC FAIL:roll:

first the bolts to the thermostat are imposible to access. IMPOSSIBLE
and i removed the air intake and hose.

second how could you take out the radiator or even the fans with all those A/C lines in your way?

helpp?

Take off the brackets that hold the AC lines down to the radiator and at the battery. The lines will flex and be movable at that point. Unplug the fans and take them off the radiator and remove them separately from the radiator.
That should help. It still takes a bit of finagling to get it all out.

DopenessFool

Take off the brackets that hold the AC lines down to the radiator and at the battery. The lines will flex and be movable at that point. Unplug the fans and take them off the radiator and remove them separately from the radiator.
That should help. It still takes a bit of finagling to get it all out.
did that already. guess i have to play with it some more.ha
the hardest part tho is how do you disconnect the transmission lines?those are a toughy!

thatbryanguy

Thermostat sucks to get out. I just changed mine out without removing anything (cept the lower rad hose of course...) you just have to get a tiny wrench in there to get that bolt closest to the engine out...its a pain cause a socket wont fit back there and you have to use the open side of a hand wrench. But getting it off is only half the trouble. Putting the housing back on with a new gasket and getting that stupid lil bolt back in, in that awkward position is the real hard part. make sure u put the thermostat back in the exact same orientation as the old one came out. And all of the A/C lines are movable if you unbolt them and push them out of the way, unbolt fans after takin all your hoses off and the fans should slide right up and out. slide the rad out and then repeat in reverse order with your new rad. Good luck!

DopenessFool

about the fans. one fan only has on connection whille the one closedt to the driver side has multiple (maybe 3)? is that right?