radiator fan not kicking on. how to wire it to always be on

OlegWasHere

hey guys and gals. been a while since ive been active on this forum.

my problem is that my radiator fan doesnt turn on.
i know there is a way to get it to always stay on by hooking it into another source.

i only need to do this for the summer as my car is fine on road just when i hit the highway i HAVE to turn the heat on max or else i will start to run hot.

any chance i can be pointed in the direction of a how to or if someone could explain with visuals?

thanks in advance.

R13

The other asshole
I would try to wire it up with a toggle switch or something of that nature, Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will have info on where to find a power source

94RS

No fucks given.
When I bought my car, the previous owner had did this to it. Basically he took a wire from the radiator fan (it has a round end on it) and made it to where you had to hook it to the ground wire that goes into the valve cover, meaning he cut some of the ground wire tubing so there's exposed copper wire.

Sorry I can't go into EXACT detail because Idk exactly what he did.

Ignore my broken motor :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59590404@N05/7460521196/

dlo253

Just cut the ground wire for the fan then ground it under the radiator stay... shouldnt take anymore than like 10 minutes..

Doesnt have the be the radiator stay either. Any place as fine. Preferably a place that requires minimal length of wire. Gotta keep it clean.

ATEGGY94

Sorrt Not trying to thread jack but i have the same problem its my passenger side that doesnt turn on can some one be more specific?

dlo253

No we cant. Passenger side fan? Probly gonna be the radiator fan. The fix applies to you too. Or check fuses wiring relays and switches to see why it stopped working.

R13

The other asshole
Neither of my fans work and it stays around 90f+ here, I never go even slightly above normal temp, Special coolant i got from jegs (Don't judge me it was on sale)

R13

The other asshole
Nothing, I know some people here like to make cracks regarding me living in the woods and...A..Ah nevermind

illmatic

Not tryna thread jack either, but im having the same probelm and this is the hottest summer ever. So just rewire it to the ground wire on the valve cover? ( i have a 2nd gen so idk if the same rules still apply)

dlo253

Did u bother reading the whole thread? Haha. Valve cover is further than the radiator stay. That would look like s***. Ground it somewhere closer to the fan where its not an eyesore. Use your imagination. Its not rocket science.. just a ground wire lol.

OlegWasHere

which wire is it that i remove from the fan to the under side of the radiator?

i drove to boston on 95+ degree weather (85 miles each way)on the high way. heat at 4 and my car fluctuated between 40-60 percent hot. the last day it got up to 75 percent but i kept driving and it eventually cooled down.

i dont really plan on driving around on the highway but it would be nice that i know i could.

and special coolant? lol