Radiator Fans Question

Sean76

So I tried to search and either didn't find my answer or my search skills suck.

The fan on the left side (driver) never turns on, at least I've never seen it turn on. Is this the ac or engine cooling fan? Since it's approaching August and the temps are rising I've noticed I loose coolant from the res but then again my ac only seems to blow really cold in the early morning or at night when it cools down outside. So I am thinking that fan not working has something to do with it but how do I check to find the problem. And yes I looked in my Haynes manual and that book sucks.

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
The fan on the driver side is associated with the air conditioning system. The relay for that fan is on the passenger side in the fuse box near the battery. The relay might be bad, if you want to test it, a cursory google search will probably give you a better guide than I could provide.

Leaking coolant is probably not directly associated with the fan.

Perhaps the fan not working is causing a little overheating and a weak hose is the culprit.

Good luck

emd513

check the hoses and see if you have any leaks after it is warmed. check where they hook to the motor and radiator. if you cant find it use the alumina seal stop leak. i think thats how you spell it not sure. DO NOT use the bars leak pelets. your just asking for trouble with that stuff.

Sean76

The fan on the driver side is associated with the air conditioning system. The relay for that fan is on the passenger side in the fuse box near the battery. The relay might be bad, if you want to test it, a cursory google search will probably give you a better guide than I could provide.

Leaking coolant is probably not directly associated with the fan.

Perhaps the fan not working is causing a little overheating and a weak hose is the culprit.

Good luck
The relay for this fan is right next to the fan. I replaced it and it working fine now. I just wish it only cost $10 like the other fan relay. :-(