Radiator Hoses for a DA9 with B16B swap.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
It looks like it will from the pictures of the hoses themselves but I have to be sure so I ask you guys the experts. with your help I will post no more threads lol.

amaestre32

yeah idk. it says 92 and they both look the right length.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
So why are Spoon and other silicone hoses so damn much if they are worse? Temp rating and durability.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I was reading up just while doing a Google search and it said that silicone is more likely to break and scuff. The temp rating for a normal car is 210, silicon hoses are rated to take up to 215-220 depending on manufacturer. The EPDM has a heat rating of 300. silicone also has pin holes that can lead to leaks and overheat. Just some crazy articles. I will have to find it again.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

amaestre32

no i found a similiar article it says pretty much the same shit your saying..and the price is probably more because of the brand..

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
see what I'm saying? "Man I get 300 HP from my Radiator Hose cuz it's spoon. It's like shift knobs. Well hey man thanks for the help. It is very appreciated.

tisguy

Rubber hoses tend to get brittle over time. I ended up replacing all my hoses because they started deteriorating and leaks sprang out.

I opted for the Samco Sport silicon hoses because it would (hopefully) last longer. A lot of people I knew also recommended them so I went for them. Anytime you start buying cheap aftermarket parts you have a higher risk of it failing on you.

It's one of those things where you debate on cost/performance/longevity.