Radiator in today , Install tomorrow . Few questions , ay ?

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
When i had this set up on my integra, i actually did have AC.
Reason for me mounting it on the AC was because years ago i did read that if i had to chose a spot for a fan to be , the ac side would be best.

When i received the slim fan. I cut the connector of the oem fan and adapted it to the Slim fan.

Fan still turned on regardless of the AC being on or not. So i dont think that should affect you.

Since you have it plugged in the radiator side. Maybe just wait a while/ drive it just to see if it turns on.

Btw how was the unwrapping on the radiator? LOL

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Yes, if you have the slim fan hooked up to the radiator fan plug but mounted on the ac side it will still act as a radiator fan. Whether or not it cools the radiator is if it on the surface of the radiator; this depending if you have a dual core or a single core radiator. Regardless, if it's not mounted on or above the surface of the radiator, it WILL NOT help with cooling.

The fans should work interchangeably. You can simply just switch the plugs from each fan without remounting each fan unless you want the slim fan as your primary radiator fan.

Also, when you were waiting for the fan to turn on at operating temperatures; did you reinstall the radiator cap? If you didn't then the radiator fan will not turn on.

Assuming you did reinstall the radiator cap after bleeding and waiting for he fan to turn on but it didn't. Then you should re-check the connections between the fan and the plugs. Also, check the fan switch plug ( plug on the thermostat housing). In addition, inspect your radiator cap to see if it's still good. A bad radiator cap will not adequately hold pressure and will not kick up the fans.
Well when you say mounted on or above the surface , its mounted facing towards the radiator towards the front bumper (not towards the engine) . When I finished bleeding I had the radiator cap off and I cranked the engine and let it run for awhile , but no fan kick on .
This rain is killing me I can't work much on the car-__- but I'll check connections and switch to the ac since the previous owner had it so . See if it works . What do you mean fan switch plug ? I never removed any plug on the thermo housing but I'll check it again .

When i had this set up on my integra, i actually did have AC.
Reason for me mounting it on the AC was because years ago i did read that if i had to chose a spot for a fan to be , the ac side would be best.

When i received the slim fan. I cut the connector of the oem fan and adapted it to the Slim fan.

Fan still turned on regardless of the AC being on or not. So i dont think that should affect you.

Since you have it plugged in the radiator side. Maybe just wait a while/ drive it just to see if it turns on.

Btw how was the unwrapping on the radiator? LOL
Oh didn't think you did . Well I'll rule out the ac since i dont have it lol , but I wonder if it's only functional on the ac side ? Or not ? unwrapping was fun hahaha /sarcasm . I was wondering how many damn wrappings there was it was almost endless lol .

It actually didn't kick on today which brings me to another conclusion that I might have done something wrong while bleeding / engine crank on . Today I got home &opened my hood to inspect if the fan was even on after driving home from work (15-20mins drive) &it wasn't on . Radiator cap had coolant steam/smoke coming out NOTHING substantial , just moderate smoke . Felt both upper/lower hoses both felt hot so I know the thermo worked , correct ? Any ideas guys ?

dopematic

I think you should read the bottom of my post again.

After a 15-20 minute drive, the fans still didn't kick on.

There shouldn't be any steam coming out from the radiator cap. I think you should replace it with a new one. Usually I would say the steam is coming from excess coolant around the area from filling it up but this is after a 15-20 minute drive I'm assuming then it all should've evaporated.

Does both your radiator hoses feel firm?

Check the connections again.

Check the fan switch plug.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I think you should read the bottom of my post again.

After a 15-20 minute drive, the fans still didn't kick on.

There shouldn't be any steam coming out from the radiator cap. I think you should replace it with a new one. Usually I would say the steam is coming from excess coolant around the area from filling it up but this is after a 15-20 minute drive I'm assuming then it all should've evaporated.

Does both your radiator hoses feel firm?

Check the connections again.

Check the fan switch plug.
Correct man . I guess I can swap it for my old radiator cap see if it works . Both hoses are firm , hose clamps are tight . Both hot .
In half an hour I'm gonna start the car up without the radiator cap , check connections and also the fan switch plug like you said . If fans don't kick on I'll try the ac plug if nothing switch radiator caps .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ssbp dc2

What was your temp gauge after the 20 min drive? I dont the fan kicks on I till a certain temp. Let it warm up and heat soak to see if the fan kicks on.

Sent from my...

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Usually after 15-20mins but it would normally crank on at a stoplight after its hit normal op temp .the fans should have kicked on when I got home car on radiator cap area was steaming smelt like something wasn't right .

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
Just connect it to the Ac side. Try it.

I wired the slim fan to the original Ac fan plug. Maybe its internals are diffrent from the Rad plug. So just try it.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Alright wtf . I switched sides and nothing still plus my reserve that I filled last night is all gone . Any ideas guys ?
I'm going to wait for it to cool down then open the radiator cap and bleed again and try this again . Any other ideas ?

Btw when I bled the first time I loosened the bolt and it was letting out a bubble stream for about 10-20secs then it went steady . Am I to continue bleeding adding coolant , bleeding adding coolant ? How do you know when it's enough ?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Are you turning the heat to full blast while bleeding the system with the cap off?
Please read back bro lol , I got no heater / blower / ac except for circulation when driving freeway .
&yes cap was off .

dlo253

Well how bout you read back, bro. I asked what part doesn't work. The heat needs to be on full blast to get the coolant cycling through the heater core. Or you will not be able to properly bleed your system, therefore you will continue to overheat. I would have looked into all that and fixed that before you swapped radiators. Like I said, depending on what part of your heater system doesn't work, you may be able to bleed it. Just turn it on and give it a shot.

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
FYI my resrvoir always remained pretty empty with that radiator and never had any issues ( thought it was just me) but i guess its because the radiator is bigger and holds more coolant

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
How i bleed my system is this way.

Install radiator,hoses,plugs
Fill up with coolant.
Leave radiator cap off.
Turn on car.
Put fan on highest setting and move knob all the way to HOT position( a must)

Walk to the radiator. Ull see coolant blowing some bubbles.
Continue to leave cap off for 1-2min (until u no longer see bubbes)
Coolant might start overflowing. Thats fine.
Put cap back on. And ur all set.

Thats how i always do it