Radiator in today , Install tomorrow . Few questions , ay ?

dlo253

Do u have a test light? For the blower motor....blue/white should be power the other one is ground. Turn the knob to full blast... put a jumper wire on the ground side of the plug. Turn the key on then ground out the wire. If it does nothing you need to replace it. That should be a free test.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Do u have a test light? For the blower motor....blue/white should be power the other one is ground. Turn the knob to full blast... put a jumper wire on the ground side of the plug. Turn the key on then ground out the wire. If it does nothing you need to replace it. That should be a free test.
Na I don't bro . Cheap buy ? Shit I'm more of a visually inclined learner then by words lol . Any example by what you mean ? I've seen one in use but it's been awhile since then .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I grounded the blue/black attached blue/white with test light and nothing . Is this electrical or blower motor related ? Like the fuse related ?

dlo253

No no...
Unplug blower motor. Touch test light to the blue/white wire of the plug. Turn speed knob to full blast and turn on the key.
If it lights up, plug it back in.
Then take a jumper wire, put it in the plug touching the blue/black wire. Then touch it to a ground, turn key on, knob full blast.
If it does nothing then you need a new blower motor.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
No no...
Unplug blower motor. Touch test light to the blue/white wire of the plug. Turn speed knob to full blast and turn on the key.
If it lights up, plug it back in.
Then take a jumper wire, put it in the plug touching the blue/black wire. Then touch it to a ground, turn key on, knob full blast.
If it does nothing then you need a new blower motor.
Alright I might have grounded to a different spot the first time , i'll try tomorrow in the morning .

Let me get this straight:
1. Put test light into blue/white plug . (or cut/expose wire and touch ?)
2. Speed knob cranked to 4 , then crank key to position on . (I or II ?)
3. If it lights up , connections are fine . (the fuse is good ?)

4. Take jumper wire , put in plug touching blue/black wire . (while blower motor connected ?)
5. Touch it to ground source , crank speed knob to 4 , then turn key to position on (I or II ?)
6. Nothing happens blower motor needs replacement .

Sorry just need a bit of clarification , last time i seen one in use was with my radiator fan to be on when engine cranked on .

Last edited:

dlo253

Alright I might have grounded to a different spot the first time , i'll try tomorrow in the morning .

Let me get this straight:
1. Put test light into blue/white plug . (or cut/expose wire and touch ?) Just in the plug.....
2. Speed knob cranked to 4 , then crank key to position on . (I or II ?)II
3. If it lights up , connections are fine . (the fuse is good ?)Pretty much

4. Take jumper wire , put in plug touching blue/black wire . (while blower motor connected ?) YES
5. Touch it to ground source , crank speed knob to 4 , then turn key to position on (I or II ?)II
6. Nothing happens blower motor needs replacement .YES

Sorry just need a bit of clarification , last time i seen one in use was with my radiator fan to be on when engine cranked on .
Don't usually lie spoon feeding easily found information. That should be MORE than enough of an explantion for you man, if you have any more issues I'd have a friend help you out or take it to a shop....

JayVee

2Dr Banger
More of a double checking since I've only use one once in the past . Problem resolved though . Radiator fan kicks on , blower motor dead , new one to buy and I'm set with this issue . Wasn't tryna spoon feed info just anything electrical ain't my best fit without hands on approach . Thanks though man .

JayVee

2Dr Banger
woo congrats!
haha thanks bro ! Fan kicked on but now I'm having a problem related to the damn blower motor-__- lol . my original was shot and so was my resistor . got a blower motor / resistor from a local cl seller and tested the fan it worked , but no go still . replaced the fuse as well . sighh

hope its not electrical related .

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Well been following the troubleshooting &so far I'm stumped now on the relay I'm assuming .

I'm using the OEM resistor as well , but it't not brand new it's a used one from the local cl seller that had it in his car . (wonder if his even worked or not) Comparison it was cracked / brittle looking like my old one so I could assume this is the problem .

dlo253

Well explain your problem better. What exactly isn't working. Explain whats goin on dude.....

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Alright so I reinstalled a solid blower motor &a used resistor &added a new 40A fuse . When I crank the engine on &turn the speed to 1/2/3/4 (any) the blower motor doesn't kick on .

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Look for any breaks on the resistor.
There's the coil itself & the "coating?" That goes over it ? Coating is broken if a few spots coil intact . I thought it was still usable if the coil was intact ?