Radiator Leak!!! Possibly maybe

bradster101

So I just got home from taking my sister to dinner for her birthday and parked the teg in the driveway and noticed a small puddle of coolant. I looked and looked but I could not find a leak anywhere. I hit a pothole coming home and it jarred it pretty good but Idk if that would cause anything to leak out/break? Have you guys ever had this problem?

And I plan on going boost later so instead of buying two radiators I was wondering what you recommend as far as one that would leave enough room for everything? That is if I even need one

seahtech

start the car and pop the hood. Look and start smelling for anything. If you still cannot find anything go buy a coolant pressure tester, simple device used to apply force to coolant system, and wait for the leak to show!

<CleanNDirty>

lol i meant that as a cheap way to fix the leak. ive used jb weld on my trucks radiator and it worked perfectly. also used stop leak putty and self tapping screw to patch pin hole in gas tank of truck. but if he wants to buy a new radiator then by all means go ahead lol. i just try to save money(as most ppl do) anyway possible. but anyway once you find the leak, depending on wat it is u could use jb weld, stop leak, etc to fix it or just spend the money to replace it

mdan9193

Mdan
Same thing happened to me at a gas station. Noticed the pool of coolant, no leaks anywhere. I realized a couple of days before I overfilled the coolant reservoir lol. I thought it was just that, the next day car overheated at a stop light, turned it off inspected and started to see signs of oil and coolant on top of the radiator on the aluminum part. Radiator was bad so replaced it and problem solved. Check the top of the radiator for any signs of cracking. There shouldn't be any oily residue on top.

00DC2TW

Same thing happened to me at a gas station. Noticed the pool of coolant, no leaks anywhere. I realized a couple of days before I overfilled the coolant reservoir lol. I thought it was just that, the next day car overheated at a stop light, turned it off inspected and started to see signs of oil and coolant on top of the radiator on the aluminum part. Radiator was bad so replaced it and problem solved. Check the top of the radiator for any signs of cracking. There shouldn't be any oily residue on top.
LoL why was there oil in your coolant?

gugiey

Are you sure this is refrigerant leak. because on very hot days when you are running you

gugiey

are you sure this is a refrigerant leak. because of hot humid days when running your ac and then shut off your car it can drip water. this is mistakenly taken as a leak.

if you honestly think its leaking take it to a ac shop they can simply use a tool to smell for the leak. very easy

00DC2TW

are you sure this is a refrigerant leak. because of hot humid days when running your ac and then shut off your car it can drip water. this is mistakenly taken as a leak.

if you honestly think its leaking take it to a ac shop they can simply use a tool to smell for the leak. very easy
well when he said there was coolant on the ground, that kind of crosses that off the list