Radio, cig lighter, HVAC doesn't work

InfernalVortex

I had a problem where the car would start then immediately stall. A search yielded some threads about hte ignition switch getting dirty/funky, so I pulled it out and cleaned it and put it back together. That problem was solved, car cranks beautifully every time now.

Unfortunately I forgot to disconnect the neg battery cable and arc'd some terminals together. I saw a small spark off the screwdriver while unscrewing the ignition switch, disconnected the neg battery cable afterwards and continued. Now the Cig lighter, HVAC, and radio do not work and I cant find any blown fuses anywhere. Is there maybe a fusible link somewhere?

The fuse box seems to indicate these are on separate circuits... and that the clock should be affected, but it's still working fine. But this car is 25 years old, who knows what previous owners have done with the wiring. Im sure this is all coming through a common power source, but I cant find any wiring diagrams to figure it out. I feel like it's something simple, but it's confusing because the interior fuse box has that stuff on separate fuses, and some of hte things that dont work are on fused circuits with stuff that does work. it's just all the stuff in the center console except the clock. Even the lighting on HVAC doesnt work .. .yet it works on everything else. So it seems like something upstream of the interior, but I cant make heads or tails of it by poking around. Even checked the underhood fuse box and everything was fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are these diagrams posted online anywhere so I can trace them out?

Last edited: