Radio Flyer build

integra evan

These are some nice builds! This is something that I would like doing for fun too...I think I'll steal this idea when I have kids lol. I already have a couple ideas for builds lol.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I got to work on the wagons tonight and got them both close to being finished. The "double trouble" wagon just needs stickers and the seat cushion to be finished. The wheels are going to stay white per the customers request.

The Hotwheels wagon just needs stickers and the side pipes finished before it can go off to it's new owner. I felt like a hotwheels wagon needs chrome and since chrome is not cheap, I found a good alternative...chrome powder coat. I think it looks pretty cool for what it is.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have the hot wheels wagon just about wrapped up finally. Got the stickers and put those on today, all that is left is the side pipes and then it's off and ready for Christmas.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
As some of you may or may not know, my wife and I are expecting a set of twins in November. We are having a boy and a girl this time around. Both my wife and I are huge baseball fans, as is our 5 year old son, so hopefully the next son is as well because he is getting a baseball themed wagon haha. The coolest part about this build in my opinion is I am going to be using the ball bat I used as a kid on it. I am going to mill the sides of the bat down to fit in the stock radio flyer axle assembly and use it as the handle. I will strip and restain the bat, but leave all the knicks from hitting baseballs in it. By the time this wagon is done, it will scream baseball

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
It's been a while since I touched a wagon, luckily last weekend it was pretty decent outside and I had a free moment to breathe. I decided it was time to tinker around on this thing and get it as close to finished as I can, so I can start on my daughters. The first thing I had to do was figure out how to make the baseball bat fit inside the stock wagon handle fork. After some time looking and brain storming, it dawned on me that I have a grinding wheel in my garage, so I went to work. After about an hour of rolling the bat back and forth over the wheel, I had ground down enough to make it clear the space. I had a baseball bat handle!!

The next thing on the list was to build a home plate back rest. This was pretty simple, I just used cardboard for a template, then traced on to some wood. I am planning on using a glue stick and some dirt from local ball park to make it look like a dirty home plate. Next to do was wheels/tires, I went with the off road style since we plan on pulling this around the ball park while our oldest plays games this summer and in future years.

All that really remains to be done is the seat cushion, stickers and miniature bats for side rails. I may do a couple more things after that, but they are still ideas that are just being tossed around. Anyways, here's a recent picture