radio help??

Myteg

so recently my radio has been actin real stupid lately. like wuts happenin is the radio would turn on n off wenever it want too and it seems like if i put the volume too high it would turn off. does anyone kno how to fix this??

*jeezer*

project one all day!!!
my lil bros car did that all the time in his 92 civic four dour and we fixed it by getting a new battery and it never happend again reason we went straight for the battey was cause the car had a hard time starting so we kill 2 with one hope it helps

killjoy

whats your amp(s) setup?

are your wires (behind the radio) connected together with connectors? or is it half hacked? what radio is it? (model and make)

Myteg

all of my wires are connected with connectors and i got a poineer radio im not sure wut model it is tho.
but i have a 1200 watt amp

gooffeeman

What gauge power wires are you using?? What amps are you running? Do you have a capacitor?
Cause if you have less than a 4gauge wire you don't have sufficient amperage going into your amps...if your amps are shitty it's going into protection mode because your gain is way too high!! But if you have atleast a 4gauge and have a good amp! Then you might wanna look into getting a capacitor

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
It gets too hot and goes into protect mode. You probably have too small of wiring going to the amps or you have the speakers wired up wrong so that the ohm resistance is too low.

Does the deck power down or does the sound drop out with the lights on the deck still on?