Raising it up some more

acclude

cheap bastard
Well, I've been finding out that a 4" drop is just not practical on most streets. Especially with oversized (235 series) tires.

I will be raising the teggy back up another inch or so to see if that takes care of my rubbing issues. I rolled the fenders in a really ghetto way to make room for the tire tuck and that's OK. My rubbing is actually happening on the inner fender wells against the pinchwled for the main frame/outer frame and on the underside of the engine bay. Eventually I will take a plasma cutter and welder to it to "make room" for an excessive drop like what I have/like, but for not it's just not practical.

I don't know if the tires will even tuck anymore after I raise it but it needs to be done. I can't turn the wheel and hit bupms at the same time or I get terrible rubbing. I'll update this thread with some before/after pics when I do it. I think Tuesday is the dreadful day that I'll be raising it back up :(

mirrorimg

Im sure patrick fabbed up some sort of skid plate for his header, or atleast I hope he did

acclude

cheap bastard
christ, 4 inches, your headers and cat must scrape when you hit bumps too do they?
no, surprisingly I haven't bottomed out the exhaust or anything underneath yet....but I drive it carefully.

Im sure patrick fabbed up some sort of skid plate for his header, or atleast I hope he did
no need to...it hasn't rubbed yet.

blah blah blah, pics coming tomorrow

BFH on the pinch welds and no inner fenders FTW
You'll see from the pics where it's rubbing. The inner fenderliners were already removed. it's rubbing on the pinchweld, around the pinchweld and about 2 or 3 other spots on the actual metal fenderwlls that are actually the bottom side of the engine bay. It's gonna take some cutting/welding to make the massive tires fit and still look presentable. I don't thing a BFH would take care of the problem :(

acclude

cheap bastard
^^perhaps....but if rubber does shred, my ride is dead.

Pics coming in a few minutes...be patient.

acclude

cheap bastard
So here's my whole experience today.

How the car has been for the past month or two as I've been driving it:

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard
And here's the spots it's rubbing (passenger side is shown here but drivers side was a little worse):