Rampid vibrating at idle

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Would the engine and car vibrate vigorously because the timing it is out of whack? PS it only does it at IDLE

evilminion88

I ate the bones
It sounds more like you have a motor mount going out. Timing could effect it if retarded at idle but not that drasticly

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
well its not shaking, its just very irritating because when im sitting at idle the steering wheel will vibrate pretty good, and you can feel the car kinda vibrating its not really violent shake

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah, if u can hear it, its a mount

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
sounds to me like you need a tune up and you could have a mount or two thats going bad...

EklipzeR

StOnErZ iNc
are the mounts too expensive? my tegra does the same thing and even though it's not a violent shake it's kinda annoying when you pay attention to it.
Also now that the tune up is mentioned. I need to do a good tune up on my car and to make sure it's running good I wanted to ask for a general tune up. that should cover pretty much all and then the motor mounts right?
I figured since it's the same problem he's having.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
if you can afford to have your car down for about 2 - 3 days, get some 3M window weld, take out your mounts slap some duct tape on the side and fill those bitches up, let them dry and you have solid motor mounts, it's gonna shake but at least now you know its because of the polyurethane and not the mount being loose and moving all about:D

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
lol^ well I have not touched the timing on this car, the guy said he tuned this up when I bought it , I don't know if I believe him because there was a lot of problems with the car when I first got . I will see how much motor mounts are around me, I dont' have much to spend lol.

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Well if you question if it did have a tune-up recently check the spark plugs. From what condition they are in can tell you alot

vincentex3

My 92 gs buckles a lot at idle it feels like it want to die then when i hit the gas it shake verry badly until i keep trying then it moves off fine. Someone said my distributer rotor is not firing right HELP!!