Ran hot and dry

Aik68j

Expirence = Mistakes Made
A question to all. Yesterday my car (98 integra LS 4 door non-Vtec) was running super hot to the point of overheat antifreeze was dry. I replaced belts, hoses, timing belt etc... at 100,000 about 4 months ago. It has been running great until this. Actually running on the cool side. I refilled it checked for leaks and I don't see or hear anything all hoses are good, nothing on the ground nothing spraying or spitting. Any other ideas or causes ?
Thanks

Aik68j

I don't see any leaks The oil is like a golden brown I am due for a change. I don't think it is the head gasket or block it is firing on all cylinders and ridin smooth.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
milky golden brown, or transparent golden brown?

I can't see your car running dry like that without some sort of leak somewhere... You would have nodiced if you boiled off all your coolent. it smells really funny and smoke comes out of your hood. lol

how about your exhaust? when you give it hell does is spit out a bunch of blue smoke?

Aik68j

transparent brown no exhaust smoke not buring anything about a week or 2 back I would get a faint smell in after coming home from work of burnt coolant couldn't find a leak

graveyardhippie

how's ur heater working?? not that you would be using it right now, but see what happens when u blast it.

Aik68j

heater is running good trust me was in traffic yesterday trying to keep it from overheating. My AC cut out yesterday when the heat went up but, now the AC is cool. there is some stop and go mostly highway driving. 60-80 moh

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
the heater should be running good if your car is over heating...

Check your radiator fan if it turns on or not.

Aik68j

fans are turnning good too just drove like 40 miles highway guage didn't budge ran cool all the way

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
hmm.... so no leaks, no smoke, and fans turn... lol

you have something drinking your coolent. lol See if you can check the wires to the fan or to/from the relay. that kinda sounds like what might be happening if it's over heating. like, over time it evaporated all your coolent. Just a guess

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Have you replaced the water pump recently, if not it could be leaking out there through the gasket.

Aik68j

now it is for sure I50/50 I had a friend replaced the water pump and fluids aboutt 5 months ago so I assume that is what he used he works for honda.