random cel and surging idle

mikeyc0828

its a 92 obd1 ls vtec. the cel will turn on when im driving but not all the time and if i turn the car off and start it again it goes away. i checked for codes when it wasnt on and it flashed once. idk if its supposed to just flash one time and then pauses and then one more etc. or not at all if theres no codes. second i calibrated the tps cleand the tb, iacv, and fitv because my idle was sitting at 3,000 and now it surges from 1,200-1,800 and i cant figure it out. i sprayed for leaks and nothing. i covered the bottom hole in the tb and it was sucking air when the car was warm but it didnt stop surging. it does it randomly and i cant figure it out i screwd the fitv all the way in and bled the coolant. and it surges randomly and sometimes at lights itll stop and idle fine. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Rich-PMS

Did you screw the white piece in 100% on the FITV?

If you unplug your iacv does your idle drop?

mikeyc0828

yeah i figured it out the idle screw on the tb was extremely loose so i just screwed it in and it idles fine now. but today i was replacing my vtec solenoid gaskets and snapped a damn bolt and its stuck in the head so thats the fun stuff im workin on now.

ITR-JDMVTECoso

maybe

maybe ya clean it the sensors but ya still with one of those in bad condition or sucking air around the screws . Double check map sensor this is the one at top of throttle maybe giving ya headache , map sensor set the air and fuel mix with the computer and if bad condition make the motor feel like crazy and give lots of CEL trouble codes ..