Random water

Rayda9

Water leaking in to my car when it rains.. Leaks into the trunk and under the rear seat bottom pad. It looks like it's coming from the wheel well but i'm not sure if it's actually from the wheel well itself or if it's a leaky seal in the hatch. What's your opinion? I noticed that water and pollen collect on the outside of the hatch seal but it doesnt do anything but pool there until I get to driving again.

dlo253

Yeah, if you have a sunroof check the drain tubes for starters... maybe taillight gaskets. Pour water in suspected areas and see what happens.

Exige24

Those stupid tubes always come out on me. I think I've put them back in their holders like 3 times in the 14 years I've had my DA..........and the left hand side one has been leaking again. lol Over the weekend I'm going to open my side panels and seal that b**** in with glue. lmao

Rayda9

Luckily I have no sunroof, but the tail light gaskets are dry as a bone when I do a leak test. It's somehow leaking in somewhere right above the rightside wheel well on the inside of the quarter panel. It looks like it was sealed there at one point. Should I consider resealing that area? and if so, what sealer would you recommend?

Rayda9

Sweet. Thank you for the info. The water's driving me crazy even though it's not a substantial amount, it still bother me that it's getting in.

Crazyhigh625

Mine Was Doing Same....Check The Tail Light, & Anttena. Proly When It Rains It Runs Down Threw The Drain Holes Threw The Hatch Trunk & From There Leads Into TailLight Going Into The Trunk & Or Drain Holes Are Clogged.

Rayda9

Seems to be coming in over the right wheel well at the top in the trunk.. Possible spots to check for?

dlo253

Passenger side eh? And no sunroof... hm. Its gotta be the hatch seal, or maybe its not aligned 100% straight so its not fully sealing. That's about all I can come up with. Unless you got a rusted out quarter panel you didn't mention lol :p

enoch723

if sealing it doesnt work.. easy fix is to just drill a hole under the carpeting

Had the same problem in my 3g accord. Works fine till you can fix it normal

Rayda9

Right on! Sounds good to me. And I noticed that after a hard rain last weekend that the carpet in the trunk was slightly moist so i'm going to try resealing the hatch seal, and use a lil weather strip adhesive around the inside edges underneath the seal to try and make it secure and well.. sealed lol thanks to enoch723 and dlo253

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
Mine seems to me leaking in on the driver side. The section of carpet between the rear of the car and the wheel well is always wet. I can't physically see where it's coming in, but I haven't investigated very far yet.

Rayda9

Havent visited my own thread in a while but in order for me to figure it out I guess i'll have to start by pulling of the rear panels for a while.. Not sure if I really want to but at the same time I do.