Reading OBD1 codes with OBD2 scanner?

Hacksterbaby

Dumb question here. Is there a way to read codes from an OBD1 car with an OBD2 scanner? I guess I'm thinking in terms of an adapter, with an OBD2 plug like the one in the car you'd normally plug the scanner into on one end, and an OBD1 socket on the other end, to plug into the older vehicle?

Jeremyf100

I bought a 98 GS-R with a 95 OBDI computer in it, I was tryin the figure out how the retreive codes from the OBDI computer, I read there's an LED light on the ECM that will flash codes but I see nothing like this on mine ???? If I find out anything I will let you know

I bought a 98 GS-R with a 95 OBDI computer in it, I was tryin the figure out how the retreive codes from the OBDI computer, I read there's an LED light on the ECM that will flash codes but I see nothing like this on mine ???? If I find out anything I will let you know
The light on the ECU is OBD0, not OBD1.
Use the jumper wire and count the flashes.

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Broken Talon is right. for OBD1 you need to use a paper clip or something to jump the wire on the ecu. turn the ignition to acc and the "check" engine light will flash in a numbered sequence in accordance to OBD1 DTC chart