real electric supercharger?

rocket2050

Is there such thing as a real electric supercharger? There are alot of ebay ones which sell for $30+ and I looked at some of the seller's feedbacks and it looked like most people were satisfied about what they bought. I also googled Electric Supercharger and found this supercharger selling for $199. How would I know which one works and which one doesn't?

Thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The things you are talking about are junk. The only real electric supercharger system on the market is the Thomas Knight ESC models. They are electric powered centrifugal style superchargers

mattr89lxi

i was looking at them a while back theres videos on youtube that test a couple of them out and they really aint all that powerful..and take alot of battery power to run

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
If it runs off the engine, it's going to put a load on your alternator costing you hp. Converting from mechanical (alternator pulley) to electrical you lose energy in heat and friction. What I'm getting at is that the little personal cooler fan you're putting in your intake pipe that's not making even a whole atmosphere of pressure is putting more power drain on your motor than it could possibly create.

So if you can make a frictionless, cold running electric motor strong enough to push a fan that can create some real air pressure then you might be on to something. And go ahead and make a perpetual motion machine while you're at it.

heykosal

Angkorian
If it runs off the engine, it's going to put a load on your alternator costing you hp. Converting from mechanical (alternator pulley) to electrical you lose energy in heat and friction. What I'm getting at is that the little personal cooler fan you're putting in your intake pipe that's not making even a whole atmosphere of pressure is putting more power drain on your motor than it could possibly create.

So if you can make a frictionless, cold running electric motor strong enough to push a fan that can create some real air pressure then you might be on to something. And go ahead and make a perpetual motion machine while you're at it.