Really need help to find out what's this noise.

92_JDM

I did a post about a month or so ago and i didnt get a lot of response. This sound is really irritating me because my car is really quiet until i step on the gas during 2nd and 3rd gear and a little in 4th gear.

The video below can explain it better.

NOTE: ITS NOT THE SQUEAK COMING FROM THE CLUTCH.

Its the sluggish rumbling sound as i step on the gas.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
kinda hard for anyone to make a guess based on the short video, and the fact the mobile videos tend to not have a very sounds quality to boot...

based on what I heard I would lean towards an exhaust leak maybe... maybe you should just run by a local mechanic and have a professional listen to your issue. Most mechanics will give you an opinion without charging you for it unless they are a shady SOB

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
does that "squeaking" noise happen when you are shifting gears on the shifter? or when pressing on the clutch pedal? you might have an exhaust leak as well bro...

92_JDM

kinda hard for anyone to make a guess based on the short video, and the fact the mobile videos tend to not have a very sounds quality to boot...

based on what I heard I would lean towards an exhaust leak maybe... maybe you should just run by a local mechanic and have a professional listen to your issue. Most mechanics will give you an opinion without charging you for it unless they are a shady SOB
oh i see, okay ill drop by a mechanic then . thanks

92_JDM

does that "squeaking" noise happen when you are shifting gears on the shifter? or when pressing on the clutch pedal? you might have an exhaust leak as well bro...
the squeaking noise is from pressing down on the clutch.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
it sounds like something is vibrating...like door panels or something. does it make that sound when you floor it?

92_JDM

it sounds like something is vibrating...like door panels or something. does it make that sound when you floor it?
nope, once i past 3k rpm then it goes away. ima try to record another vid but from the outside of the car while its in motion.

skydayang

the squeaking noise is from pressing down on the clutch.
for your clutch pedal squeaking noise
yea i used to have this problem too, just spray a little bit of white lithium grease on the arm that connects onto the hook of the clutch pedal you have to spray it with the clutch pedal pushed down but as for the other problem i cant see the video for some reason

hook of clutch pedal

im not sure what its called but it's where the clutch cable

spray white lithium grease on spots with arrow

Last edited: