Rear Defroster Not Working

My defroster stopped working last night. The switch wouldn't stay snapped down to the "on" position.
I went to the junkyard today to get a new switch, and the defroster worked for a few minutes when I randomly hit the defroster on the way. It worked for an hour or two then stopped again.
I got a broken defroster switch and a good fog switch and pulled the fog apart and fixed the defroster switch.
It still doesn't work. The switch will click to the "on" position now though.
I checked the driver kick panel fuse box, and checked the fuse. It's fine. The starter signal fuse right beside it was blown, so I replaced it. There are no bad fuses in the fuse box now.
I still need to change the 30a fuse in the under hood fuse box...if that doesn't fix it, I'm at a loss.
The only things I have done lately in that area of the car is install an XSi cluster and the fog light trick that uses the defroster power supply. The odd thing is, the fogs are getting power and working just fine. That's why I can't figure out what's keeping my rear defroster from working.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Did you splice the 3 wires together? The fog wire into the defroster power wires? Basically you're adding the fog wire to the defroster power wire. I forgot to do that part when I redid my fog mod.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
A few people I've heard about having this problem say its the switch itself. Though, some say its a relay of some kind. The more common answer I've found on G2IC seems to point to an ICU that is going bad.

My rear defroster switch doesn't stay in the on position either. you can press the button, but it doesn't snap to anything. it just goes back to its natural resiting position. I've never bothered with fixing it, as I rarely drive it in conditions where I need it, but there have been a few times where it has left me rather pissed off, lol.

It actually worked this morning. I think that it's either a bad wire, a short, or maybe I just didn't give the defroster time to warm up and get the moisture off the rear window.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Ehh, maybe something like that. I'll text you and you can have the one I got for free. Just gimme like $5 for gas.