Rear hatch question.

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
So recently i read somewhere that the 98+ rear hatches have an ouside latch release? can someone explain this to me and at all possible post a pic of said hatch? it's got my mind racked because if it has a hatch release it would have some sort of lock/unlock mechanism on it (kind of like an suv or mini-van) correct?

beast

,mmmmm are you asking if the hatch has like a latch you move to the side to unlock the hatch??? cause if thats what you mean it does...mine is a 00' though

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Mine is a 99 and it has it. It's actually just an electrical switch to trigger the release, which is attached to the latch itself, not in the hatch.

Last edited:

dmspoman

my girls 98 has it i dont know how it works tho i never used it its just a weird little lever i think hers doesn't work i have to use the key to get the hatch open ill post a pic of it tomorrow if someone else doesn't already have one to post

rexpepper123

oh? yeah mine has it. its so you can open the hatch when its unlocked without the key. its a lever that is right where you put your hand to pull up on the hatch between the tail lights. mines broke but it does have the handle still

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
hmm...i might have to find me someone around here with one and mess with it...like, would it be able to be swapped onto a 94-97? seem like it would be nifty to have..

so i would imagine it could be swapped but so would the power locking mechanism...along with power locks...hmm

rexpepper123

im not sure youd have to find someone with it and take the hatch apart on both cars and take a look an see. i dont really see why not. might be more work then its worth.

beast

yes inded...but mine does not work...and out of 8 ppl i know with hatches 98+ 6 of them dont work including mine,, they get mest up easily..why..idk...

dmspoman

i just went to check hers it must be busted cuz its unlocked but doesnt open it gonna have to try and fix it seems like the latch is like the damn antennas all tegs around here none of them have working antennas

rexpepper123

lol i just figured out the other day my huge antenna works lol. let me know if you fix the latch. im really interested

SLOW94

wen i painted my hatch noticed it had that lever too i just took it off so im guessing i had a newer hatch on my 94?

beast

beast have you attempted to fix it? i wonder if its easy ive just been to lazy to look at it.
i tried to...the little motor works and makes noise like its trying to open it..justt the latch does not open it.....i went to a local wrecking yard and got the 2 motors from 2 hatches...and guess what...both didnt work...tried it on my friends integra to test them out(since he's does work) also and nope didnt work...idk man i just open it with the key instead..