rear hood spacers 1.5 inches

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Eran said:
That's actually a lie. They did tests and found that it actually INCREASED underhood temperatures near critical parts because the hot air from the exhaust manifold was being drawn up and over the motor instead of out under the car.
Which cars did they test this on? Because that would all depend on the aerodynamics of the car itself. Also was that during driving or while idleing?

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
Aussie said:
Which cars did they test this on? Because that would all depend on the aerodynamics of the car itself. Also was that during driving or while idleing?
i dont think it would have to do with aerodynamics, rather physics. im thinkin it would pull more of vacuum, which in turn would pull the hotter air across the motor, so what eran is tryin to say sounds logical. hot air rises and the quickest route would be to the rear of the hood.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
nexgenintegra said:
i dont think it would have to do with aerodynamics, rather physics. im thinkin it would pull more of vacuum, which in turn would pull the hotter air across the motor, so what eran is tryin to say sounds logical. hot air rises and the quickest route would be to the rear of the hood.
I know what you mean, Thats what I was trying to say with a loss of words. :) You have a point tho I guess it would pull the air across the motor but I looked at it as it would pull the hot air out and colder air in which in turn would cool the motor down. Hmmmm.......I don't know, I would think it would have more of a positive effect getting the hot air out of the engine bay but who knows maybe it does make it hotter.

ltrain

i can see erans point its not gonna act like a vacume though because theres no air flow above thevalve cover, dc2's dont have a grill that air would flow in that area, so i assume even when the car is in motion theres lil to no flow there but heat will eventually draw itself out but not that quickly, correct me if im wrong

Eran

CC Castaway
ltrain said:
i can see erans point its not gonna act like a vacume though because theres no air flow above thevalve cover, dc2's dont have a grill that air would flow in that area, so i assume even when the car is in motion theres lil to no flow there but heat will eventually draw itself out but not that quickly, correct me if im wrong
Ah, but you are wrong ;)

Air flows up from under the car through the front air dam (bumper mouth). Pressure escapes the easiest route, which in the case of a popped hood, would be the rear near the windshield. The heat coming off the exhaust manifold, radiator, and ac condensor which are positioned directly in the path of the air flowing in from the lower air dam. All that air is going to be superheated by forces in excess of 1000 degrees farenheight. That air will then be drawn out to the easiest path, your popped hood. Bam, you have 500-600 degree air flowing over your intake manifold and head.

NOFX

hater
nexgenintegra said:
:werd:
It won't matter if there's a grill or not. Air flows underneath the motor at least a bit of course and the hood being popped up in the back is going to cause a sucking motion anyway even if there is not an upper grill.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
Eran said:
Ah, but you are wrong ;)

Air flows up from under the car through the front air dam (bumper mouth). Pressure escapes the easiest route, which in the case of a popped hood, would be the rear near the windshield. The heat coming off the exhaust manifold, radiator, and ac condensor which are positioned directly in the path of the air flowing in from the lower air dam. All that air is going to be superheated by forces in excess of 1000 degrees farenheight. That air will then be drawn out to the easiest path, your popped hood. Bam, you have 500-600 degree air flowing over your intake manifold and head.
basically if you live someplace where it gets cold then youll never have to scrape ice off your windshield again. youll have a whole new way of defrosting :thumbs up

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
teg9five said:
basically if you live someplace where it gets cold then youll never have to scrape ice off your windshield again. youll have a whole new way of defrosting :thumbs up

lol well theres a plusside

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
thats true we are gettin a little technical but its cool to have stupid knowledge that you can let people know of. I LOOOOVVVVEEE stupid knowledge, i probably know more stupid stuff than what i learned in school