Rear LCA bolts from HELL

Nith

Well I got the Eibach pro kit for now till I save up for some, well I installed the front in like 40mins for both and now I am trying to install the rear but the bolts seem like there frozen inside the lca or something. I could get the driver side off rather easy but the passenger rear LCA bolts are seize!!!! I heared from a friend that its I am better off cuting the bolts and buying new lca bushings but does any one have tricks or anything on how to removed those LCA bolts? I used so far PB and LOTS LOTS OF HAMMERING and a impact drill. I have not used a torch but thats my new step tomorrow. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks Tony

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
^ What Muckman said.

Another thing you can try if you dont mind spending some extra money.

Remove the rear shock and rear LCA as one item and replace the LCA's as well.
Remove the trailing arm bolt and subframe bolt, then unbolt the shock from tower and take out as a whole.

Nith

I just took it to a shop and he said he would charge 100 bucks to removed just that one shock since its seize. I kinda would rather just do that then go to the trouble.

Nith

^ What Muckman said.

Another thing you can try if you dont mind spending some extra money.

Remove the rear shock and rear LCA as one item and replace the LCA's as well.
Remove the trailing arm bolt and subframe bolt, then unbolt the shock from tower and take out as a whole.
The problem with that is I have to order the LCA and wait........ NOT VERY A PATIENT PERSON HERE LOL

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Seems like you need a more powerful impact lol. Torch that thing, spray pbblaster, and impact it. That's about all you can do besides what Muckman said.

KarlDelrosay

this happened to me when i first did mine! i replced the control arm while i was at it. now i have abunch of control arm bolts so i can replace em after every winter

Nith

So I installed the front Konis on eibach springs, i had to cut the rear bolts off and bought new ones the same grade and installed them but while I was at it I saw the trailarm bushings there all broken inside so I am trying to replace them so far after 2 hours they wont even budge out. I got them new going to give it another try tomorrow but if anyone has any insight on how to removed the rear trailarm bushing LMK.

Thanks Tony

Ryan659

I'll sell you the tool you need for it. I bought it brand new and only used it for one job. It makes the job 100 times easier and you don't need to remove the arm from the car

Last edited: