rear reinforcement bar delete

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
i want to get rid of the whole bar instead of cutting into it so i can fit the edm foglight. i havent taken off my rear bumper yet to see if it just unbolts. its to hot right now, and i figured someone on here has already done it before. so my question is does it just unbolt or does it need to be cut off or something?

j13

Keep It Clean
Coy has done it. He took out the whole bumper cover support.

If you take out the bumper, you can put on the cover without a problem.(this goes for the front also)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Coy has done it. He took out the whole bumper cover support.

If you take out the bumper, you can put on the cover without a problem.(this goes for the front also)
Double post. Please delete. Thanks.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yup. after removing the rear bumper cover, 4 bolts in the trunk and itll slide out.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Are you sure you want to remove it? If you get rear ended, you're going to as Busta Rhymes would say, "Break ya mutha fuckin neck!" :mrgreen:

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
some people said its only there for when your going at lower speeds like 25-30. but on the highways it wouldnt make a difference? :what:

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
and thats good, cuz i would rather just take it out and not deal with all the cutting and such

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
some people said its only there for when your going at lower speeds like 25-30. but on the highways it wouldnt make a difference? :what:
The bumper supports are required by the fed government because they reduce the amount of damage your car takes in crashes below 15mph. The insurance companies pushed this on us.

At speeds above 15mph they do nothing for safety.

j13

Keep It Clean
suspendedHatch, would anyone know its not on the car while driving?

Like you said...take it off to save some weight :)

Slow_LS

FL4SH ME
It's there for a reason

I'd just cut the small section off then reinstall
i understand its there for a reason, and i would if i had somethign to cut through that. unfortunately i do not. and just like suspended hatch said 15mph+ it does nothing for safety. sooo..

Rich-PMS

Most rear end accidents happen at less than 20mph.

You can buy an electric cutoff wheel for 35$. Or even use a dremel.

Safety is important IMO, spend the few dollars vs removing a safety device

Prozon

Kris
How many crashes do you see are going faster then 20mph anyways? MOST people lock up the brakes or something right before they hit, so the speed isn't that fast.

I'd keep it in there if I were you.