Rear Rotors

dc2darkness

I have a question about the rear rotors on my teg. I have a 94 DC4 and need to replace the rear rotors but I have a BN set for my 93 DA9. Both are LS I was wondering if anyone has tried putting rotors for a DA on a DC? the auto parts store says there different but the pads were the same so I didn't see why the rotors wouldn't work.

not the same and wont work.. You need the correct rotors for your year. the dish is different I think.. The pads are only the same because the calipers are. (or are similiar)

dc2darkness

Yeah I know but I though maybe it might be close enough to work. just wondered if anyone has tried it before.

dc2darkness

turns out the rotors, pads, and calipers are all the same on both my 93 LS and my 94 LS. So if anyone is thinking about doing this or ever wondering if it would work then I'd say go head cause it works.

dc2darkness

well I had a shitty thing happen tonight I just got my car washed drove home pulled in the driveway and my left rear e-brake cable snapped. called around no one can get the cable for 4 days. searched around and found that my 93 DA has the same e-brake cable so looks like I'll be taking another thing from that. Gotta love honda.

dc2darkness

well I ended up not using the cables off the old car not that they were different but where the cable was mounted to in the braket on the caliper was pretty well fused in there. so just got new ones. but now idk if on one side the cable is too short or what. my friends say the bracket that holds the cables to the e-brake handle should be square but its not its cocked at like a 45 degree angle. my e-brakes work fine I just want to know if its supposed to be square? btw my friends civic, and my old tegs brackets are square.

dc2darkness

heres a couple pics of the bracket and the cables at the calipers tell me what you guys think.
pic of the cables under tension.

pic of the cables relaxed.

right side.

left side.

mirrorimg

Mine looks like that too, but more extreme. But mine does not function properly. Where I have the tensioner set at now, my ebrake does not apply much force to the rear calipers. When I tighten the tensioner up, it applys force onto the rear left caliper and rubs even when the ebrake is fully down. I havent bothered taking care of it because I dont live in a hilly area, and I use my 1st and reverse to keep my car in place.