rear splash shields

Squigget

I bought my car without fender liner or splash shields. So i ordered 2 new ones for the front. But i want mud flaps to. I can't find any splash shields for the rear anywhere...do they have a different name? cant even find it on ebay. I'm trying to get it for the back so i can order a mud flap set. I already tried craigslist, no luck on part outs..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
There aern't splash shields/fender liners in the rear. I believe the rear mud flaps attatch to the bumper.

Moose_Gumps

where did you order your mudflaps from? I have been looking around for flaps for my teg but was trying to get a good idea of what people prefer mudflap wise :p

Squigget

I see well the ones i just ordered i will try to put on the back and if they don't fit then i will know if they are the same or not haha. thanks

WAR 178

Premium User
the fronts are generally the same, but the rear depends on which year you have. the 94-97 has a diff bumper than the 98-01 and from what I can see its a slight diff in the setup of the rear flaps. You can find complete sets on ebay for sale....I was just looking at them a few days ago trying to see if there is a diff. I have a 2000 front but I kept my 96 rear. I didnt want to get 2 sets just because of the rear flaps..

Squigget

yea i forgot to mention that.. i think the reason i didnt have them before is because i have a 95 body with a 2000 front and rear...

Peruviann

You need 98-01 Mudguards.

i ordered some from the acura dealership a few months back ran me about 42 including tax takes about a week or 2 for them to get it in though they have to special order them

Squigget

You need 98-01 Mudguards.

i ordered some from the acura dealership a few months back ran me about 42 including tax takes about a week or 2 for them to get it in though they have to special order them
so i'm guessing the front ones are all the same for 94-01...
but ok so the mud guards just go onto the bumper then? i wont need the rear splash shield?

mkl399

my 97's rear bumper is covered by the rear mud guards. they go up and cover the whole between the fram and bumper.