Rear strut tower on my DA

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
hey guys, my buddy gave me his rear strut tower from his EG because he's going to claim the car to the insurance.. I test fitted it to my DA and it turns out that I have to cut some portion of the panels, is there a bracket specifically for the DA? I know I can just take off the panels to avoid cutting them but I can't do that at this time because my mom and dad and my sis also rides with me...

turboda4dr

450whp
hey guys, my buddy gave me his rear strut tower from his EG because he's going to claim the car to the insurance.. I test fitted it to my DA and it turns out that I have to cut some portion of the panels, is there a bracket specifically for the DA? I know I can just take off the panels to avoid cutting them but I can't do that at this time because my mom and dad and my sis also rides with me...
only cutting or removing panel, no other way.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
cutting should be minimal, i cut a small portion of the opening for the bar to fit, I'm running a Meagan racing Bar.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
sorry the pic is so blurry, but you can see where i trimmed, in order to fit the strut bar. It was really minimal, depending on the bar you may have to cut more or less.

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
only cutting or removing panel, no other way.
thanks..

sorry the pic is so blurry, but you can see where i trimmed, in order to fit the strut bar. It was really minimal, depending on the bar you may have to cut more or less.
thanks for sharing the pic., I see it's very minimal another reason why I don't want to cut the panel is so i can still put back the cover if I decided to take off the strut, but based on your pic it's very minimal and I can still put the cover back incase... btw, I think the strut tower that my buddy gave me is like the ebay ones...

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
I solve my strut tower issue, It's installed now but I had to cut more.. now it's something like this...

thanks Mildsquare for the reference pic! :thumbs up

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
whats up guys? i have another question regarding with my C pillar bar, do I need longer bolts for it so I can still bolt the seatbelt with it?..

Thanks!