Rear Tire Belts Keep breaking...

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
The past two sets of tires i've had a belt in each rear tire went on both of them, one set was a set of studded winter tires on my stock 14's, and the other are my summers on my Enkei RPF1's, and both were completely different tire companies as well... The only thing I can think of is a suspension issue, my rear setup is as follows

Blox LCA's Tokico Blues, Tein S-Techs, stock swaybar and endlinks.

Both Wheel bearings are spot on, just had one replaced last Feb...

Is anyone else having issues when lowered? Or anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on?

EDIT: I should note, that each time they have not broken to the point of damaging the tire, the tire is wearing evenly still, but you can hear the kind of wobble noise, and see it when you put the car up on the hoist and look at the tread you can see it vary in the tread

Last edited:

Jabes

is the alingment and camber right? another thing that it might be is that the tires were put on wrong and were running backwards and thats why the belts started showing but im more with that the alingment or camber is off

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
not sure on the camber settings, i need to get an alignment i know that... maybe that's my problem, maybe it's more uneven wear noise from the front, and it just seems that it's coming from the back...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah wasnt thinking straight when i posted earlier lol! get on a digital alignment machine asap

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Any chance of getting a picture of your treadwear? This will be the only method to helping you out for sure without actually being the ones giving you an alignment.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
I don't think it's the Toe, cause having bad Toe in would cause feathering in the tire wear, mine if smooth wear, no feathering at all i'll see if i can snap a pic for ya's but i'm certain that it's the tire wear now that is causing the noise.