Rear Tires a bit too big for current coil over springs.

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
So I bought a 1995 Acura Integra GSR 4dr and it has 17 inch rims. Great right? No. I had to replace the rear tires just to get the car home. I ended up getting 205/50/17 tires. I later had to replace the shocks as they were toasted. Everything is almost great. The problem I have right now is the current springs are too low. They are 8 inch long springs and I need 8.5" to get enough clearance from the wheel well. Since the tires are brand new, getting smaller tires is out of the question. I have been looking on ebay for a set of springs that will either give me the lift or adjustable sleeves that are longer than the ones I have. I dont know enough about suspension to know how to get the right springs. I see a set that says 0-3" drop. Can someone tell me if this will do what I need? Link Below to one of the ebay pages

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-ALUMINUM-COILOVER-0-3-SPRING-94-01-ACURA-INTEGRA-DC-DB-B18-B18C-BLUE-/180739918465?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:1995|Make:Acura|Model:Integra|Submodel:GS-R|Engine+-+Liter_Display:1.8L&hash=item2a14f04a81&vxp=mtr

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
Can't afford to do that. Like I said, I paid for new tires. I don't have the money to spend on new rims and then new tires for those new rims.

The cheapest route is bigger springs than the lowering spring that are on this car. I don't know how low they lower but they are 8 inches long. I just need something bigger. I just don't know how much of a ride reduction 8 inch springs are over stock springs. I want as close to stock ride height.

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
it seems to me you want stock springs. just get stock springs and there will be no guessing game on what springs you need for your wheels to clear.

SoundEfx

If checking craigslist and finding someone who is willing to trade you smaller rims and tires for yours, plus cash is out of the question, then do what lowered said.

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
Actually what I would like is .50 to .75 lower than stock and the option to go lower in the future since I may try a trade for smaller rims in the future, but I need an immediate and cheap fix. Which was why I put that link to see if those would do about that

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Don't buy those coilovers you linked to. Complete garbage and waste of money. There are very few mods that are worth doing that cost less than $50.

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
Now I am confused. How will coil overs blow the intake manifold? And what would that have to do with my problem?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
$50, man im all over that setup. And if the springs break, ill just buy another set :roll:

you will get what you pay for. Just keep that in mind

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
Okay let's refresh the issue. I am looking for a set of springs that are just a little shorter than stock so I can use adjustable sleeves to be as close to stock as possible and still be able to lower it a little.