Rear Tires a bit too big for current coil over springs.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
And I'm telling you that it's not possible with your shoestring budget to purchase anything worth a s***; it's why Mexicans buy wheels before suspension.

[YOUTUBE="."]jGbbmMyu8U0[/YOUTUBE]

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
If you don't have any good ideas then why bother posting. I bought the car with the rims and had to buy tires to even get it home and as such I cannot afford to spend the money needed for smaller rims and smaller tires. So the only option is a temporary fix till I can afford the new rims and tires

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Plenty of good ideas here, you just don't like the answers. Go buy the big daddy ebay coilovers, it will be the last time you do.

SoundEfx

If you don't have any good ideas then why bother posting. I bought the car with the rims and had to buy tires to even get it home and as such I cannot afford to spend the money needed for smaller rims and smaller tires. So the only option is a temporary fix till I can afford the new rims and tires
Go on craigslist and TRADE your rims and tires for smaller ones.
If you argue with the trader as much as you're arguing with everyone here, you could even get some cash on top of the smaller rims and tires.

Why are you so caught up on buying additional rims and tires when clearly your budget is on life support?

There is nothing wrong with trading.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Here let me guide you on craigslist.

Go to craigslist.org and click on state, city and auto parts for sale. Search private seller with 4x100 wheels. If you don't like that, then search integra. Im sure, 90% of the people are selling wheels with the intention of trading. Not hard at all and probably saves you money, cus you might get some in the trade ;)

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
I am not wanting to buy rims and tires. I am wanting springs that are just a little shorter than stock. I have been asking for this from the beginning. What size spring should I look for to do this. This is the cheapest route to resolve my problem.

I don't understand how this is so hard to understand. I just want to know what spring I would need to give me about .5" lift over what is currently in the car. The current springs in the car are 8" long. So my whole question was this. If I have an 8 inch long spring and need one half an inch longer, what would I look for on ebay as to the descriptions listed? They list their springs based on the amount of drop they allow.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Nobody is telling you to BUY wheels and tires. They have told you at least three times now to TRADE for smaller wheels, possibly even get cash on top... I don't get how this is so hard to understand.

But seeing as you're too airheaded to listen to people and you're going to do whatever the hell you want anyway, just go ahead and buy those s***ty eBay coils and let us know how s***ty they are.

Beyond5150

Beyond5150
The reason I have avoided the trade responses is because I already tried. I just thought that someone would know what a 8.5" long spring would be listed as on ebay based on their description of the spring which is almost always the amount of drop the spring allows. I do not plan on getting crap quality springs. The link I put was to point out the description.

I only was asking for the one thing because I have already reviewed those options and decided what is my best option. I am not being "airheaded" by ignoring suggestions. I am ignoring them because those suggestions don't answer my initial question. I appreciate those suggestions but it's not what I asked for

Last edited:

SoundEfx

You must really love those rims and tires.
Can't find anyone to trade you smaller rims and tires? OK......

Getting a spring to give you an exact ride height is difficult because from what I can see, most of them simply give you a drop height from stock.

So honestly, your best solutions are: ( I don't care if you can do them or not for what ever reason, but these are ALL of your options )
1. Get some coilovers. They will allow you to adjust your ride height to what ever you want.
2. Get smaller rims and tires.
3. Buy cheap ebay sleeves so that you can adjust your ride height at the expense of comfort and reliability.
4. Buy different height springs until you find the one with the right height.
5. Do like what Lowered said and buy the stock springs and cut them to your desired height so that you can keep your precious 17" rims and tires that you have fallen in love with, that no one will trade with you for.

I don't think that anyone can come up with any other solution for you.

Where are you located? Maybe we can help you get rid of those 17's and help your mpg's with SMALLER rims.

Good luck.

Last edited: