Rear wheel grinding

Joshmmc

Pretty much any time I turn or brake at low speed, an intermittent grind ocurrs from my rear wheels. Actually, it's best described as a scraping noise. Sometimes it's when I accelerate too, but it almost only happens at low speed. I figured the obvious was brake pads, but would worn out brake pads make the noise while accelerating and turning? Possibly CV joints or a bearing?

Probably not related, but I've also noticed that my frame groans all the time lately after I park. I sit in the car and can hear groaning from under the dash and around the engine bay. I get random vibrations at various times too that I didn't notice in the first few weeks that I owned the car. Sometimes for the first 5 minutes that I drive, my windshield will vibrate. Sometimes at highway speed, my mirrors will vibrate for 30-45 seconds, then stop.

Only been driving an Integra for about a month now, so I'm clueless as to what any of these things might indicate, so advice on any area is appreciated. Thanks.

Spody02

Name: Cody
i cant think of anything off hand.

i would just pull the wheel off, move things around and try to find the sound.
if you cant find it, pull out the brakes and check them, it takes 2 seconds so might as well

Jabes

when you open the hood and try and rock your motor does it move alot or is it stiff? if it moves alot it could be bad motor mounts, and the grinding noise might be a loose dust shield behind the brakes

GSR-TURBO-DC

THE BIG SUPRISE IS NEAR
when you open the hood and try and rock your motor does it move alot or is it stiff? if it moves alot it could be bad motor mounts, and the grinding noise might be a loose dust shield behind the brakes
X2.

Joshmmc

Will I be able to identify a loose dust shield without pulling the wheel off? That does sound very, very possible.

Jabes

if you can fit your hand behind the wheel you might be able to feel it loose its behind the caliper

Joshmmc

Probed around a bit and couldn't really feel anything loose. Can I rule out CV joints or anything that requires urgent attention? I've got lots of driving I want to do this weekend if it can wait.

white sedan

It is possible the brake pads are worn out if the sound is more of a scraping noise. Possible wheel bearing? How many miles on the car?

Joshmmc

158,000Kilometers (98k Miles) on the car. In the maintenance records, one bearing wa replaced in the front and CV joints have never been done.

Joshmmc

Yeah. It's a helicopter like sound. It's kind of a brushing swooshing scratching scraping grind.

Joshmmc

Am I risking doing some serious damage by continuing to drive on it for now if it is a bearing? What's the worst case scenerio?

Joshmmc

Should I change just the one side's worn out bearing, or should I do the other side's good one as well while I'm at it?