Rear Wiper Arm Delete

tucents

I know, I know, Ive searched the threads and all but i cant seem to get that arm off. After i popped off the the top nut, the arm wont come off, is it just seized on? Or do i have to give it some extra force?

mjones73

It'll come off, takes a little force. Spray some PB Blaster or WD-40 on it and let it soak down in the splines.

bcartwright88

I know, I know, Ive searched the threads and all but i cant seem to get that arm off. After i popped off the the top nut, the arm wont come off, is it just seized on? Or do i have to give it some extra force?

ky or wd40. lube it up...
did you get everyting on the under side? you have to remove the hatch panel... which on my car is still in the garage.

I used a pair of channel locks and wiggled the fire out of it.. be careful not to hit the glass though..

BeatBox

Real Good!
there should be a bigger nut holding the arm to the glass, did you take them both off? im thinking you might of only gotten the one that holds the wiper on...but i may be wrong.

tucents

Yah i have everything off, Just needed that bit of info, and will i need the wipe motor for a safety pass?

tucents

there should be a bigger nut holding the arm to the glass, did you take them both off? im thinking you might of only gotten the one that holds the wiper on...but i may be wrong.
you are right but i havent gotten there yet, i got the little one off i thought i was gonna shatter the glass by pulling the arm but it jsut gotta lube it a little, and do i need the wiper arm for a saftey test?

BeatBox

Real Good!
inspection you mean? got me there we dont have them here in INDIANA :)

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
A rear wiper is not required to pass inspection. I can't vouch for cali cause their restrictions are crazy btu I'm pretty sure about everywhere else. And I know its not required in VA for a fact