Rebuilding stock engine, what to do.

MemphisTeg

Smoker,Joker,MidniteToker
is there a good place to buy a rebuild kit from besides ebay? their stuff looks kinda sketchy.

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
If your gonna rebuild might as well spend a lil more and get upgraded parts

Last edited:

esco115

Fawk a Title!
if ur building or rebuilding ur motor either use OEM or upgraded parts... dont use ebay stuff for the sake of the life of the motor...

acclude

cheap bastard
And don't jsut throw the parts in there. Do the machine shop work as required for long life such as honing, decking, and milling along with having the parts balanced. Clean out all the threads of the block and head thoroughly. Torque everything to spec and in sequence. You will want to replace EVERY seal/gasket on the motor, new timing tensioner, and new water/oil pumps.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
shit i wish i had the tech skills to do an engine rebulid. cuz im really itching for a respectable NA setup but dont really feel like paying the shops down here to do it.

Integra36

Can't wait for my GSX!
Yeah definitely get everything machined perfectly! It will help the longevity of the engine. I'll be getting this done on my new engine from Evan's Tuning:D:D:D:D I can't do it myself in my area so I'm having Jeff do it. Price isn't bad either considering parts, labor, cleaning and Jeff is the man when it comes to Honda engines.

~Dave