Reccomendations? b18b1

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
so i went ahead and picked ub a complete b18b engine looks to be in great condition and i think it was a awesome deal for 250$ I wanted to ask what would be good things to do to it before dropping it in besides timing belt and water pump. i went ahead and bought that as well. ANy machinework recommended? im a noob so dont bash me lol :D

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
I personally like to take off all unneccasary brackets, connect the engine harness and tuck it a little bit, soak the whole thing in lots of cleaner/degreaser.

dlo253

$250 is pretty cheap. What's the story on the motor? If I got a whole motor for that price the first thing I would do is rebuild it. That might just be because I do my work myself though, so rebuilds are cheap.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Get a compression and leakdown test on the engine since you don't know the history. Replace the tensioner pulley with the timing belt. Also make sure the oil pan gasket is good (no gunk around the oil pan) and replace that if necessary. Also, if it's a 5 speed, wouldn't hurt to replace the clutch while the engine and trans are apart. Wouldn't hurt to also replace the cv axles after the new engine goes in. Just a few of the things that I did when I put my engine in.

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Im getting new axles and the tranny is a S4C should be getting it back from Gearspeed in Rancho soon. Did a full rebuild. ran me 350 in total with the tranny. and i got axles brand new for 55 a piece. WHat about hot tanking it?

dlo253

Depends on who you know for parts, and if you are doin it on your own. I did my whole rebuild and replaced a valve for like $200-250. That's with the cost of oil And all that necessary stuff to get it running and driving.

djv1986

if u need a exhaust manifold look in the for sale i have one for a b18b for sale.. and if u need any brackets or misc pieces let me know i just took mine apart.. but like the other people said start with basics.. compression, cyl leakage

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
if u need a exhaust manifold look in the for sale i have one for a b18b for sale.. and if u need any brackets or misc pieces let me know i just took mine apart.. but like the other people said start with basics.. compression, cyl leakage
def pm me bro i need sum stuff

98gsrDc2

stolen....
nice find! And like everyone else says do everything now so u don't have to rip it all apart later

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
i think im gonna worry about the head right now. Im trying to get an internship at skunk 2. since i live only a couple streets from them. and hopefully i get in and learn what i need to learn lol.