Recommended antifreeze & coolant brands?

whatevrthefrag

like title says i need some antifrz and coolant and not to sure on which ones i should go with
i live in CA so i have autozone walmart and all kinds of shops availabe 3 miles away
thanks

mirrorimg

To be honest, you aren't going to notice a differebce. I use prestone, which is one of that major producers. It's available at any parts store in your area as well as Walmart. If you get the unmixed version, you will need to buy some distilled water to cut it with.

Prozon

Kris
Any brand should be fine. Just buy full strength, don't get the 50/50. More cost effective that way.

@Mirrorimg
I buy full strength, and usually just use tap water. (Although i'm not on city water, just using tap from my well.)

seahtech

i use honda becuz i get it for free lol

but i have also used everything else and its all the same. especially if you're in cali just make sure its 50/50 and no thicker

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Whatever you use you def want to use distilled water to mix with it. All those minerals in reg water are not good for your cooling system.

Cripton805

Ive heard that if you use honda. It wi run cooler. Dont know if thats a myth. My car has had honda coolant since it was brand new.

Psycho719

I use 50/50 Carquest brand because it is literally at walking distance from me. I don't think there is a difference as long as you stick to 50/50.