redline

XxRiceronixX

hey guys i don't know what i my redline is the wiki said 6800 rpms but i think it might be more what would you guys recommend?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Drive the car through the power band until you hit the fuel cutoff? It's not gonna kill it to do it once. I'm not sure what you mean by recommend, but I think the b18b1 redlines around or before 7k.

DAteg

take it to a dyno to see where you make the most power and that would be your redline

White_Rabbit

Isnt it the block that determines how high an engine can be reved?
You're valve train. If you start to take it too high you'll get valve float. Wind up with problems like your valves and your pistons meeting. They may seem like since they all work for the same purpose they're friends....trust me they're mortal enemies. You never want to introduce them to eachother.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You're valve train. If you start to take it too high you'll get valve float. Wind up with problems like your valves and your pistons meeting. They may seem like since they all work for the same purpose they're friends....trust me they're mortal enemies. You never want to introduce them to eachother.
True, but the bottom end is balanced up to a certain RPM. So whatever block you are using will determine your redline as well.