regular or premium gas

dateg88

I was just wondering if it would be better to run premium gas over regular in my jdm b18c gsr it just has headers intake and itr came but was just wondering

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Your car specifically says run premium, so do so. If you don't you risk detonation in the motor.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the B18C motors require 91 octane but will run on 87...but really require 91 octane. This isnt like the STis where you can run 91 instead of 93. The subaru runs optimally at 93 but will run on 91 because of avalibility. Where as teh GSR will need 91 at all times but will run on 87

dateg88

the B18C motors require 91 octane but will run on 87...but really require 91 octane. This isnt like the STis where you can run 91 instead of 93. The subaru runs optimally at 93 but will run on 91 because of avalibility. Where as teh GSR will need 91 at all times but will run on 87
Thanks ur always helpfully lol an do great job giving reasons for your response thanks

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
^ Easier Explanation: You can use 87/89 octane, but you should've rev it that high to avoid detonation. But to be able to drive the car without any worries, I would highly recommend using high octane gas (ex. 91 or 93).

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Ahh, good point, thought it was a JDM front from the quick avatar glance. But regardless, those engines should really be getting premium.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
^ Easier Explanation: You can use 87/89 octane, but you should've rev it that high to avoid detonation. But to be able to drive the car without any worries, I would highly recommend using high octane gas (ex. 91 or 93).
:thumbs up thanks matt