Relooping Power Steering

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Before you guys start to bash, just know that this wasn't my first idea I was pushed into this.

Background story:
I accidentally put the wrong fluid in my power steering line. So then 5 minutes after, my steering was shot. I had to turn the wheel almost half way (left or right) just to get it to stay straight on the road. I took it home, jacked it up and drained the entire system of its fluid. What came out was a foamy orange-ish mess. I decided what I had to do was clean the whole system and get a new rack. No big deal. I went to a junk yard, pulled a really good rack and paid $35 bucks. When I got home I started to remove my rack and encountered a HUGE problem. On the steering box, there are four lines that bring in/out power steering fluid. I removed three of them and the last one, my luck, is completely stripped.​

I thought about all the possibilities, I tried to remove the gear housing and just place it on the new rack so I wouldn't have to worry about the stripped bolt. This was a no go.

Then I was reminded about the "relooping" and in the situation I am in, this is the best bet I have at fixing my issue.

I have already dropped my belt, pump, reservoir and I was working on the oil cooler when I realized that I couldn't remove ALL of the PW lines without dropping my engine (which I don't have time to do).

My only concern in "relooping" the whole system is that my Power Steering Speed Sensor won't get any fluid to it.

Question:
What are your ideas as to what I should do to fix these problems and reloop the whole system, with out spending any more money because I don't have a car to drive anywhere. And.. I kind of need my car all put back together by Monday (because I have class). I know this is possible and I'm hitting up the google/ chalk board with all possibilities. c​

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Just fyi. I looped the power steering, hooked up a breather that I rigged into the engine bay (the tube was clear). So I added a red dye to it so you could tell the fluid levels. U'ed the speedo and attached an air filter ontop of the breather line. Bam.

96LSteg

Jemel
I didnt add a breather to mine and Ive been good ever since....If your steering is shot 11 times out of 10 you will need a new rack. In this case you can get a manual rack from a civic i believe (cant remember what year) and avoid looping altogether.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I would have just tried flushing your old rack a couple times before I did all this work.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
I have to say, I love the loop so much more. The breather makes turning so much easier. Parking is no choir at all. Unless if you looked under the hood, you couldn't tell that I don't have PW.

While I was at it, I ripped all the PW lines out of the car, so you can't even tell that she EVER even had that bullshit in her. And I also dropped the a/c. You can feel the road so perfectly, feel the car, and most of all feel how much of a difference that 100 pounds had on your car. Now the engine is free to run and play.