removing an engine

xboost

whats up guys....
I know on hondas that you can take the engine out throw the bottom of engine bay, but HOW? i'm going to a junk yard and i'm pullin a handa motor, I not have a picker, so I was planning to drop the motor out from the bottom, what do I have to take apart

Baldy201

It is kind of a long process to take a motor out. If you drop it through the bottom you will have to lift the body of the car to get the engine out from underneath it.

Basicly you disconnect the coolant hoses and the Evap hoses vacuum hoses, exhaust and intake, axles.

xboost

I know of all of the hoses and wires i have to disconnect but what else ,the motor mount and what???? to get it to come out under the car and a floor jack isn't going to left the car enough to get the motor out.

Baldy201

A floor jack is not going to be enough to lift the car over the motor. All the hoses, cant forget the axles and the motor mounts.

xboost

yeah I got all of that,,,,what can i use to get it high enought???? what if I take off the head and then try the drop the motor,,would I have enough room?

dc2nr

go buy a engine hoist, there about 140+

save u the trouble, if not go rent em for about 30 a day

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
dc2nr said:
go buy a engine hoist, there about 140+

save u the trouble, if not go rent em for about 30 a day
what dis guy said

95teg

yeah def. dont hillbilly it.. just spend the few extra bucks and get it done right, you will then avoid many problems..and headaches for that matter..

xboost

but heres the problem..I was taken the motor out of a car that sitting in a junk yard,,,how am i goin to get a hoist in there and My brothers truck isn't that big we have room to put tools and the engine in but not a hoist...

Baldy201

this may sound crazy but with out the engine you could try to just lift the front of the car by hand. If that doesnt work it was worth a shot. If not you may just have to bring a second truck to carry both the engine and the hoist. The junk yard should let you bring in a engine hoist.

dc2nr

Baldy201 said:
this may sound crazy but with out the engine you could try to just lift the front of the car by hand. If that doesnt work it was worth a shot. If not you may just have to bring a second truck to carry both the engine and the hoist. The junk yard should let you bring in a engine hoist.

engine hoists tear down =/

u must not seen many have u?