Removing decals on wheels

red.line

Alright so recently I picked up a set of white Rota Track R's with Dunlop CP-R decals on them and I was wanting to remove them.

Now every set of decals I've seen for sale have looked like this (excuse the shitty use of the photobucket drawing tool):

Basically, two semi-circular decals that go around the center of the wheel between the spokes and the lug holes, etc..pretty standard, right?

Now mine appears to be one piece and cover the ENTIRE center of the wheel (lug holes and all, as depicted by the "shaded" region and I can tell because the white is a little *off* where the decal is):

So what would be the easiest way to remove them?
They don't seem to be your standard decals as when I went to remove them (applied mild heat with a blow dryer and my finger nail), it just scraped off the small area that I scratched and seemed very brittle, and refuse to lift or peel like traditional vinyl decals.
Any suggestions?! If need be I'll leave them as they don't look bad and I would hate to damage the wheels in any way as they're virtually brand new, I'd just prefer to not "fake the funk" as all the wheel "experts" on H-T would say.

Thanks in advance everyone!

JGvtec

Try some WD 40 and just some HOT soap and water.

red.line

grenade launcher, lol
drop them from a 5-story building?
Wow, you guys are hilarious. And here I thought by posting on CI, I was avoiding the usual dickheads you find on HT or TI. :roll:
If you don't have anything useful to contribute, get the hell out and troll someone else's thread.

To everyone else, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out and hopefully I'll be successful. :)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
there probally burned on there from the heat od the brakes, not sure dude, probally will damage the finish anyhing you try

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Wow, you guys are hilarious. And here I thought by posting on CI, I was avoiding the usual dickheads you find on HT or TI. :roll:
If you don't have anything useful to contribute, get the hell out and troll someone else's thread.

To everyone else, thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out and hopefully I'll be successful. :)
they are the youngsters.

try a heat gun and floss

red.line

there probally burned on there from the heat od the brakes, not sure dude, probally will damage the finish anyhing you try
That would almost make sense except the wheels/tires were only used for about a month before I purchased them..doesn't seem like that'd happen in that short amount of time, but I suppose it's possible.
And I still find it weird that the "decal" covers the entire centre of the wheel..

We'll see what happens..if it ends up being too much of a pain, I'll just leave 'em.

db_r

!ocsic
so sensitive...

you can try
- paint thinner
- hair dryer + floss
- rubber eraser wheel
- razor blade
- wd-40
- acetone

just be careful...

-cisco