removing side molding

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
i searched around a bit, but either i'm blind or whatever but i couldn't find anything,

The side molding on 3rd gens are they just double sided taped on, or do they have clips like the Civic's do? I'm debating on either painting mine or removing it all together.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Yes, they're clipped in...if you've ever seen a car with them removed, you'll notice the long line of holes that have to be filled upon removal. You'll have to pop off the door panel to remove the moldings.

With that being said...if you wish to have them removed. Do it the correct way the first time and have the holes welded shut. I'm sure the Bondo-Bandwagon will chime in at some point here...but the only thing that fills metal correctly is well, metal.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
yeah i've seen numerous Civic's with them removed but i've honestly never seen, or don't recall seeing a Teg with them removed, so i guess there there too stay, cause im not gonna fill in the holes. I'll just paint em up to match the car then.

thanks alot Nighthawk

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
bondo bandwagon haha yea just color match.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
welded shut FTW! :thumbup:

u gotta rip off a couple panels to get to the clips.

oppi-10

yin yin
do it up man its worth it i did it to mine, it doesnt take that long i welded mine, all ya gatta do is take off the door skin and the back backseat skin thingy and take pliers and squeeze em together and push them out ha just be carefull not to warp the metal when ya weld it

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
I'd only take em out and weld em if i was painting the whole car, i'm not at the moment, i'd like too but can't afford it. So i'm just gonna paint up the molding for the time being

And my mind is more set on getting an alarm right now, since someone decided to help themselves to my stereo Thursday night.