Removing spray tint on tail lights

McMahon

JackTuned
I have an extra set of tail lights that are spray tinted. Whats an easy way to remove it?

Just go through a buffing process?

whitedc4

get some graffiti remover let it sit for about 20 minutes or so use some 500, 1000, and 2000 wet and dry grit sand paper til it comes off then throw some finishing polish on there with your hands or buffer and look at em shine.

McMahon

JackTuned
Will do :D

Nice ava btw, and LOL @ the fckn mustangs thing, I thought me and a couple of my buddy's were the only ones who said that haha.

whitedc4

ha. thanks yeah the fuckin mustangs pretty much comes up everytime i see a mustang lol.

McMahon

JackTuned
Exactly! Haha. We were taking a trip to Boston last summer and every time we would see a Mustang we would yell it out the window haha.

whitedc4

omg haha. yeah i've never said it to anyones face because i'm too scared too but if i see one it just pops out of my mouth lol

McMahon

JackTuned
Haha, they dont even hear it half the time.

dlo253

ha. thanks yeah the f***in mustangs pretty much comes up everytime i see a mustang lol.
LOL x2.

And op, let me know What works best.. Need to get that off my tails also. I've heard gasoline works, with these prices I'm not even gonna try haha. I was just gonna use thinner..

ACJett

Enthusiast
thinner + magic eraser should do the trick. Worked on my buddies when he messed one of his tails up and had to start over.

pbteg11

pbteg11
i messed up and had to start over while doing mine twice!lol(once sprayed too dark then grabbed wrong can and used engine enamel) but i poured paint thinner on it then used some light grit sandpaper from my headlight restorer kit and it worked great...both times lol good luck!

McMahon

JackTuned
Thanks everyone! I'm going to try and use paint thinner, just because I know I have some lying around. What kind of polish do I need to use?

I plan to sand them down with the 1k then 2k grit sandpaper after.

96GSRteg

Tyler
Thanks everyone! I'm going to try and use paint thinner, just because I know I have some lying around. What kind of polish do I need to use?

I plan to sand them down with the 1k then 2k grit sandpaper after.
paint thinner didnt work for me, only lacquer thinner did. I think its because its a much stronger solvent, but im not completely sure why.