Removing system help performance?

00tegls

i know its a question about subs but i wanted to ask this in this because everyone in the audio section will tell me to keep it. should i keep my system? i know its adding ALOT of weight to my car (it sinks the back of my car). do you think it will help me a little performance wise at all?

JGvtec

Are you asking if the subs will help you performance wise? LOL

Even if you take it out what big gain are you going to get? It would be a different story if you track your car or something like that.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
my stereo setup weighs 200lbs. it does effect performance if you are stock or even with basic bolt ons. but unless you track it i wouldnt worry about it. i love my stereo. i dont want a car that doesnt put out good sound. its all in what you want man.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Losing all that weight will improve your handling, increase acceleration, shorten braking distance and help your gas mileage.

Is all that gain worth the loss of the system?, only you know that.

I had a big system weighing me down, I opted to just do a smaller setup. Went from a two amp/one 12" sub setup to a one 6ch amp/10" sub. Smaller sub box gained me more hatch space.

Kinta94

Losing all that weight will improve your handling, increase acceleration, shorten braking distance and help your gas mileage.

Is all that gain worth the loss of the system?, only you know that.
X2 on this.

I had two 12" subs in my old civic and they were loud but now I dont care about my stereo system besides 4 normal speakers.

Its really what you want to do.

96GSRteg

Tyler
it all depends on the setup you have andhow much it weighs. I think i read somewhere that every 100 pounds is a 1/10th of a second of quarter mile time. Im sure thats relative to many things but i still dont think its going to make you take off much slower at the traffic light.

00tegls

lol thanks guys. i do love my system but i think its taking up way to much room (i cant lock my back seats in with the sub in there) :)