Removing Window Tint

Ganyon

My grandfather has removed tint and he said it's a pain in the a$$. I say take a blowdryer to it.

ryanDC

I actually took off my front window tints today. I just used a razor, warm soapy sponge, and it came off clean. I'm gonna be taking off the rear ones tomorrow by sweating them off. You can definitely do it yourself and you don't really need a steamer.

red.line

Project Car Mag had a simple DIY write-up a little while back.
The jist of it?
1. Spray Windex on tint.
2. Take black garbage bag and cut it so it's open (like down the seams), tape to window you are removing said tint from as best as possible (so as little air as possible can escape, doesn't necessarily need to be air tight though.)
3. Let the sun do the rest (or if it's cold/dark out, I imagine a hair dryer would accomplish a similar effect.)
The effect I speak of? With the garbage bag taped around the tint, the heat will cause the Windex to evaporate, thus permeating through the tint making it essentially peel right off.
I haven't done this personally, but I heard it works well and it makes sense. I was planning to do it do my ED7, but I'm lazy :p

bcartwright88

spray inside glass with amonia...
soak it.
get a black trash bag cut window pattern from outisde. place the plastic bag against the moist window.
set in sun. let set for an hour or more repeat.
should come off hella easy....
use a razor blade and steal wool.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Fronts are easy, just do what was mentioned above. Rear I would be careful. Dont use razor as I did, took out like 5 of my defroster lines. You can use the above method if your tint is new enough. Mine was purple and method did not work, Steamer is needed. -Aaron

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
its old tint and has gone bad and gotten bubbles, only in the back window. so ill use a steamer or take it to a window tint shop ><