Renarudo's Build Thread

renarudo

great start! lets bring her down some
Naw I'm afraid of going too low due to dip into the parking lot at my job. I feel sorry for the kid with the lowered G35. Besides I've got another modification in the back of my mind for my ride. EIther upgrade the suspension from FFtypeI ==> Koni/GC or....go baller and get that K20 I've dreamt about.

renarudo

Update: I'm going to track my car at Willows Springs!! I might spring for a new driver's seat for the occasion. Oh just got a headunit so I stream my music from my phone and make my calls hands free.

renarudo

Yeah it's a nice lil upgrade from the stock setup, now I talk to people while driving, stream my music and charge my phone. What sucks though is when I took my ride to mechanics today, it's gonna cost me like $1k to repair my crankshaft, gaskets around the timing belt, and the bearings. Indeed, it's a sad day for my integra. Hope to get it back sometime this evening. If not, then no track day..... :(

renarudo

Only 2 hours left and if I don't get my car I'm SOL and maybe can get it Monday.

renarudo

Luckly got the car back and made it up to Willow Springs and had a blast!!!

Well here's some shots from the pit area

Nick_C78

Awesome stuff man. Sorry that my car is down and I couldn't come out. I will let you know when it is back up and running. When do you plan on going back?

renarudo

No rush at the moment; but I could be persuaded. I definitely found it all very enlightening, exciting, and will definitely do it again sometime soon. I was surprised that I used so little gas with the way I was driving. Also I will probably take the 5 north to the 14 north on the way up next time. Hopefully I can run with you next time and get some tips. Also Nick do you know where I can do a GSR swap? I might consider doing that in the future when I'm ready. Saw a couple of tegs up there and was hoping to spot someone else ride up there from CI. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

We need to have you do Buttonwillow next time, because then you can become a passenger. Being a passenger really helps you learn.

Moshi Moshi sells GSR swaps. Theres always hmotorsonline too.

renarudo

Cool, I will look them up. I really would like to experience VTEC for all it's glory!! Is Buttonwillow the big track next door, right??

renarudo

Also I won some raffle with company that setup the event; it's $100 credit for a shop called Race Precision. I looked it up and it was a BMW performance oriented shop....I was hoping it would be a generalized one that I get more parts for my car like the ASR subbrace sway bar combo. Oh well, I will keep you in the loop when the next time I head up there to run my car. I'm going to do an oil change and top off my fluids since it's my day off.