replace boots or too late?

sylvaner01

Hey guys, I have a couple of torn boots on my Integra and I was just keen to see if its worth replacing the whole part or just the boot.

CV Axle boot, clicking on every turn, new axles are $250 each in Australia and only $10 for a boot...

Dont have a clue what this part is called.. I think its just the steering rod or something..

sylvaner01

The first pic shows the CV boot shown Here

The other boot is rack and pinion show Here
Thanks man, do you think a new boot and heaps of grease will fix this problem? I might replace the CV axle but I dont think I will be able to replace the axle for under $150.. shipping to Australia costs heaps.

is it unsafe having a torn rack and pinion boot? I have to drive 300KM tomorrow and I'm pretty worried about my car.

j13

Keep It Clean
Just replace both cv axles. It comes out around $100 for both. And if your power steering bellows boot is busted, you can get those for $19, it will be a good idea to do both jobs in the same day

sylvaner01

Just replace both cv axles. It comes out around $100 for both. And if your power steering bellows boot is busted, you can get those for $19, it will be a good idea to do both jobs in the same day
To replace both CV Axles it would cost me $500 if I do the labor myself.. $250 per axle in Australia..
What site would ship to Au?
If I could get away with paying $200 for both hell yeah!

a little cheaper but still pretty expensive

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
To replace both CV Axles it would cost me $500 if I do the labor myself.. $250 per axle in Australia..
What site would ship to Au?
If I could get away with paying $200 for both hell yeah!

a little cheaper but still pretty expensive
That's a grip of money for axles! I go to autozone here the USA, it's also known as vatozone

Might wanna try eBay for cheap axles and someone who will ship out of U.S.

OnlyJosh

Id hate to live where you do, lol. I can't imagine what anything else would cost on an integra their.

Hope you figure it out